Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

All changes are listed i n the updates section of post #1. Primarily, just updated kexts, Clover, etc.

Thanks, I installed now the R3.

Have some questions if you don't mind:

- I updated the AppleALC as you suggested but I can't find the CodecCommander, how I can delete it?
- Since I don't use for now the 10GBase-T, should I disable the patch? Or I should keep as its the alternate patch?
- On Clover Configurator, on SMBIOS section, when I click the "magic" under iMac, and select iMac, on the models list I don't have the iMac 18,1, just 17.1 how I can use this to create my Serial Number etc but using iMac 18.1? -> updating to latest clover configurator fix this
- I can't see the login screen, the monitor shows all black, but it i enter the password (not seeing on monitor) and click enter it loads, any clue? -> fixed by loading with -v one time

Thanks again for all the help :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I installed now the R3.

Have some questions if you don't mind:

- I updated the AppleALC as you suggested but I can't find the CodecCommander, how I can delete it?
- Since I don't use for now the 10GBase-T, should I disable the patch? Or I should keep as its the alternate patch?
- On Clover Configurator, on SMBIOS section, when I click the "magic" under iMac, and select iMac, on the models list I don't have the iMac 18,1, just 17.1 how I can use this to create my Serial Number etc but using iMac 18.1? -> updating to latest clover configurator fix this
- I can't see the login screen, the monitor shows all black, but it i enter the password (not seeing on monitor) and click enter it loads, any clue? -> fixed by loading with -v one time

Thanks again for all the help :)

• CodecCommander was never included in my EFI folders. It needed to be installed after macOS was installed, but with the latest AppleALC.kext, that's no longer necessary.
  • Leaving the 10GBase-T KextsToPatch enabled shouldn't hurt anything. You can also disable it if it makes you more comfortable. Either way should work fine.
  • Yes, use the latest Clover Configurator.
  • Good to hear login screen is good now.

• CodecCommander was never included in my EFI folders. It needed to be installed after macOS was installed, but with the latest AppleALC.kext, that's no longer necessary.
  • Leaving the 10GBase-T KextsToPatch enabled shouldn't hurt anything. You can also disable it if it makes you more comfortable. Either way should work fine.
  • Yes, use the latest Clover Configurator.
  • Good to hear login screen is good now.

Thanks again for your replies and help @pastrychef :)

I just noticed that one of my case fans (the rear one) don't work on OS X but works fine on WIN10, do you know how i can put it working?

Thanks.

Thanks again for your replies and help @pastrychef :)

I just noticed that one of my case fans (the rear one) don't work on OS X but works fine on WIN10, do you know how i can put it working?

Thanks.

The fans should be controlled via BIOS. I don't know why it's not working in macOS. The only thing I can think of is to double check BIOS settings.

I have been using a Samsung SM951 M.2 AHCI SSD for close to two years now. It has been reliable and, although not the fastest SSD around, plenty fast for me. About the only criticism that I could give it is that it sometimes ran quite hot under heavy use.
I immediately saw lowered temps. With little to no disk activity, it now stays a pretty steady 106F/41C where it used to be around 112F/44.5C. In heavy stress testing, it maxed out at 145F/63C. I think this is safely under the 158F/70C and I don't think I will ever see any throttling.
What are you using to measure the temps? I ask because the HWMonitor loaded with MultiBeast doesn't show M.2 NVMe SSDs. TIA.

What are you using to measure the temps? I ask because the HWMonitor loaded with MultiBeast doesn't show M.2 NVMe SSDs. TIA.

I use FakeSMC + the FakeSMC Sensor kexts with iStat Menus. It shows temps for all my drives including HDD, SSD, and M.2. Also, keep in mind that I'm using the AHCI version of the Samsung SM951.

The EFI Nvidia r3 is working for MB: Z370-A CPU: i8700K GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti.
Audio is working fine, Ethernet is working fine.

Only problem is I can't get it to detect the 64GB Ram. I have edited the ram using Clover Configurator, but I don't know if I should.

The EFI Nvidia r3 is working for MB: Z370-A CPU: i8700K GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti.
Audio is working fine, Ethernet is working fine.

Only problem is I can't get it to detect the 64GB Ram. I have edited the ram using Clover Configurator, but I don't know if I should.

Only add the RAM info if the system doesn't see all the RAM.

Pastrychef, does you "About This Mac" correctly show the Processor? I'm seeing "3.7 GHz Unknown".

Pastrychef, does you "About This Mac" correctly show the Processor? I'm seeing "3.7 GHz Unknown".

That's normal. It's strictly cosmetic. As I stated in post #1, you can edit it to say anything you wamt. Just Google "customize about this mac" for instructions. I never bothered.

Back