Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey pastrychef

Thanks for great tutorial :)

I have just two questions. I have the same motherboard like you.

Should be both SSDT-USB.aml and SSDT-USB.dsl files are to be in the / EFI / CLOVER / kext / Other / directory ? And how uia_exclude boot should looks in my case. I have Broadcom WIFI installed in PCI-E and connected to USB on my motherboard, I have also connected front USB panel connected to te second USB port on motherboard - like in picture.
View attachment 317035

Last question is about custom flags showing on next picture
View attachment 317036 - should I delete them and put only uia_exclude boot or keep them and add uia_exclude boot entries?
Thanks in advance

You only need SSDT-USB.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. SSDT-USB.aml does not go in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Don't delete those Custom Flags, just add the following:
uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS07;HS08;HS13;SS03;SS04;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10

After you have added that to Custom Flags, remember to disable the 15 port limit patch.
Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 8.23.56 AM.png

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your help :) Now all is correct :)
Greetings

Hey man first of all wanna say using your info helped me get my hack together/ I'm just having an issue with wifi Fenvi Desktop PC Dual Band Wireless WIFI PCI Express PCI-E Adapter Card 2.4Ghz-150Mbps/5Ghz-300Mbps and it's not reading the wifi set up ( mine is a dual boot so on the windows wide it reads the wifi ) I just want to know if you recommend anything

Hey man first of all wanna say using your info helped me get my hack together/ I'm just having an issue with wifi Fenvi Desktop PC Dual Band Wireless WIFI PCI Express PCI-E Adapter Card 2.4Ghz-150Mbps/5Ghz-300Mbps and it's not reading the wifi set up ( mine is a dual boot so on the windows wide it reads the wifi ) I just want to know if you recommend anything

Which Fenvi model did you get? Not all of their adaptors are Mac compatible. The ones that are Mac compatible are basically plug-n-play.

Ever wonder if the USB3.1 gen 2 ports are really working at USB3.1 gen 2 speeds on this build? Well, here's some proof that they do...

USB3:
USB3 System Info.png USB3 Speed Test.png

USB3.1 gen 2:
USB3.1 System Info.png USB3.1 Speed Test.png

If you use iMac17,1 or iMac18,3 system definitions (depending on whether you are using Skylake or Kaby Lake CPU), your Energy Saver system preference pane should change.

The IORegistryExplorer output you attached is corrupt and can not be opened. Please use the version from the following link:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/
Well, I had sleep with one of my many SSDs and no video card installed. When I added the video card back, I couldn't boot without resetting the CMOS. At that point everything went south. I have a feeling that some of my settings in bios are giving me grief because 2 of the SSDs that used to boot the computer now crash. Luckily the Z370 G Gaming still runs fine.

Well, I had sleep with one of my many SSDs and no video card installed. When I added the video card back, I couldn't boot without resetting the CMOS. At that point everything went south. I have a feeling that some of my settings in bios are giving me grief because 2 of the SSDs that used to boot the computer now crash. Luckily the Z370 G Gaming still runs fine.

Are you saying that your ASRock ITX build is not booting?

At this point I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity.

It seems that the problems began about the time that I upgraded to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. But I could easily be wrong.

It's possible... If OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi doesn't work well for you, you can try AptioMemoryFix.efi instead.

Back