Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

You have to use iMac19,1 system definition for Sidecar to work. By default, my OpenCore EFI is set to iMacPro1,1.

I use your latest folder and when I open your config.plist it says "iMac19,1" in "SystemProductName" and "BoardVersion". Or where do I have to set it?

*edit: OK I found it. "SystemProductName" is set to iMacPro1,1 ... I will try to change that.

I use your latest folder and when I open your config.plist it says "iMac19,1" in "SystemProductName" and "BoardVersion". Or where do I have to set it?

Don't worry about those things. The only field you need to change is:
config.plist > PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemProductName.

You should also generate new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID for iMac19,1.

Don't worry about those things. The only field you need to change is:
config.plist > PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemProductName.

You should also generate new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID for iMac19,1.

Sidecar works like a charme. Thank you very much again for your perfect support.

One last question for today: How do I keep my OC bootloader up to date? Just update the kexts from time to time?

Sidecar works like a charme. Thank you very much again for your perfect support.

One last question for today: How do I keep my OC bootloader up to date? Just update the kexts from time to time?

No. Each new version of OpenCore has so many changes that you should take the OpenCore folders that I provide and use everything in there. Copy/plaste your PlatformInfo in to the new config.plist. Replace my USBPorts.kext with yours.

You can test it by copying the entire OpenCore EFI to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
Replace the USBPorts kext in /EFI/OC/Kexts/ with your own. (Make sure you use the same filename.)
Paste in your Serial, Board Serial, etc to the OpenCore config.plist.
Boot from your USB flash drive.

You can try enabling the OpenCore patch to "Disable RTC wake scheduling".

Go to config.plist > Kernel > Patch > 0 > Enable and set to Yes/True.

Also, disable Power Nap in System Preferences > Energy Saver.

So everything worked without a hitch! Even went in and reattached my H100i to the mobo and haven't had any intermittent waking issues. Thanks again for your help pastrychef!

Also, a side question: I apologize if this has been asked in your 1000+ page thread, but when making the USBPorts kext, do the PRT1-4 not count as USB? or it just doesn't have to be excluded because they are PXSX types?

Thanks again for your help.

Also, a side question: I apologize if this has been asked in your 1000+ page thread, but when making the USBPorts kext, do the PRT1-4 not count as USB? or it just doesn't have to be excluded because they are PXSX types?

Correct. Only the XHC ports are counted towards the 15 port limit.

I just ran a Geekbench 5 Metal Score benchmark to compare my OC and Clover EFI and it seems like that the radeonboost.kext is not properly working with OC. First of all, the boot process with OC gets stuck once I remove the radeonboost.kext, and the metal score with radeonboost.kext in clover scores 88000, without it scores 50.000. In OC it scores 50.000 with the radeonboost.kext (without I cannot try). I use the iMac19,1 in both settings and your latest EFI folders (with the USB modifcation, see above).

Does anyone experience the same?

I just ran a Geekbench 5 Metal Score benchmark to compare my OC and Clover EFI and it seems like that the radeonboost.kext is not properly working with OC. First of all, the boot process with OC gets stuck once I remove the radeonboost.kext, and the metal score with radeonboost.kext in clover scores 88000, without it scores 50.000. In OC it scores 50.000 with the radeonboost.kext (without I cannot try). I use the iMac19,1 in both settings and your latest EFI folders (with the USB modifcation, see above).

Does anyone experience the same?

With OpenCore, you can not just remove a kext from the kext folder. You need to disable it from config.pist > Kernel > Add.

With OpenCore, you can not just remove a kext from the kext folder. You need to disable it from config.pist > Kernel > Add.

I see, but still. Why is metal benchmark as if the radeonboost.kext is disabled in OC?

Last edited:
I see, but still. Why is metal benchmark as if the radeonboost.kext is disabled in OC?

I don't know. Did you have custom PowerPlay Tables for your Vega? Are your temps good?

Back