Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

hmm so i popped the 1080ti back in and disabled InjectNvidiaGeneric (not sure why it was on) and it has helped all 3 things but not solved:
- occasional black screen on boot seems to happen much less (so far 3 times in about 18 reboots- a couple times it went dark then came back as if adjusting resolution)
- unplugging /replugging the monitor still causes the issue
- sleep / wake still an issue, switching output ports sometimes fixes when it happens, other times the system is 100% frozen on wake.
- "put display to sleep" function in energy saver seems to work now as opposed to causing the no signal issue.

Thank you for your help chef this is definitely an improvement. Do you still think it is hardware? im leaning towards some kind of an nvidia webdriver issue with support for this resolution maybe. (works fine on my 2013 macbook pro with Mojave. thinking i will test on upgraded 2010 el cap macpro next just to make sure its not an osx problem)

It could very well be the Nvidia web drivers. They were really bad towards the end...

malm123 & pastrychef, should i be using the Clover EFI 5117, from post 1?

(It's on helluva long thread to follow...)

malm123 & pastrychef, should i be using the Clover EFI 5117, from post 1?

(It's on helluva long thread to follow...)

If you are installing Catalina, just use 5117.

I keep getting stalled at
SMCSuperIO ssio: @ detected device Nuvotron NCT679BD

I did all the Bios setting from post 1, except USB Keyboard & Mouse Simuator, that's not in my UEFI

I rebooted to BIOS and tried to select the EZmode screen for the temps, and everything hangs, although CTRL ALT DEl does still work, all other Keys and mouse are locked out

also once it's stuck at SMCSuperIO, the keyboard is locked out, this time no CTRL ALT DEL
don't know if that's important

I keep getting stalled at
SMCSuperIO ssio: @ detected device Nuvotron NCT679BD

I did all the Bios setting from post 1, except USB Keyboard & Mouse Simuator, that's not in my UEFI

Please boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it gets stuck.

Thanx for looking at this.

Attachments

• 20200611_160546.jpg
    20200611_160546.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 41
It could very well be the Nvidia web drivers. They were really bad towards the end...

could it be a problem with nvram? i see it is associated with loading nvidia drivers, my clover config has nvram emulation disabled - change 1 in your build says it is running native nvram with these mobos..

just trying to think that could explain the irregularity - driver fails to load once in awhile maybe? but always after sleep.. seems weird possibly unrelated to me.

Stalled at the same place, but i'll try again just to be sure

Just booted from cold and reconfirmed the correct EFI folder, but still the same stall.
BTW the EZmode works now on the BIOS, any connection?

Back