Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

No luck... still not work... Well, I installed the soundflower once. Does it has something to do with it?

It's very possible.

Delete HDMIAudio.kext.

Look for the Soundflower.kext in both /Library/Extensions/ and /System/Library/Extensions/ and delete it.

It's very possible.

Delete HDMIAudio.kext.

Look for the Soundflower.kext in both /Library/Extensions/ and /System/Library/Extensions/ and delete it.

Oh no... still not work. I cannot find Soundflower.kext in /System/Library/Extensions but I deleted it in /Library/Extensions. And kextstat shows Soundflower does not appear. I have no idea why HDMI and DP audio still not work. I guess a fresh install might fix the problem...

One more thing: I found my clover looks quite weird... (The icons seem quite strange.) I upload the image here. Have you experienced the same problem? Thank you for the replies~

Attachments

• IMG_4856.JPG
    IMG_4856.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 131
Oh no... still not work. I cannot find Soundflower.kext in /System/Library/Extensions but I deleted it in /Library/Extensions. And kextstat shows Soundflower does not appear. I have no idea why HDMI and DP audio still not work. I guess a fresh install might fix the problem...

One more thing: I found my clover looks quite weird... (The icons seem quite strange.) I upload the image here. Have you experienced the same problem? Thank you for the replies~

I don't know if Soundflower makes any changes to AppleHDA.kext. You can try a fresh install or extract a clean copy of AppleHDA.kext from the macOS installer.

The icons is strictly cosmetic and probably an issue with the Clover theme. You can try different themes or edit the existing theme. Here's a link to a bunch of themes you can try:
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/theme-database

It's very possible.

Delete HDMIAudio.kext.

Hey! Good news! My dp and hdmi audio finally work!
I deleted the soundflow kext and followed the https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/issues/60 and add

Code:
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>
             </dict>

Then everything works fine now! Many thanks for your help!

Hi, I have a very similar build to yours and have an 8700k, Strix Z370-G, 16GB of Ram, and an RX560 OC 4GB. Due to pricing and slightly better performance, I was thinking about switching to a 1050Ti 4GB, but wasn't sure how easy it would be since I used the AMD EFI folder that you provided in your post to install macOS on my system.. If I were to do this, what would be the steps to changing the EFI and installing the Nvidia Drivers?

Thanks!

Full Parts List:

CPU: 8700K at 3.7GHz
Cooler: Corsair H60
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Wifi
RAM: Viper 16Gb @ 2666 MHz
GPU: Currently a Gigabyte RX560 OC 4GB
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M.2
PSU: Seasonic 550W Semi-Modular Gold
Case: Thermaltake V21

Hi, I have a very similar build to yours and have an 8700k, Strix Z370-G, 16GB of Ram, and an RX560 OC 4GB. Due to pricing and slightly better performance, I was thinking about switching to a 1050Ti 4GB, but wasn't sure how easy it would be since I used the AMD EFI folder that you provided in your post to install macOS on my system.. If I were to do this, what would be the steps to changing the EFI and installing the Nvidia Drivers?

Thanks!

Full Parts List:

CPU: 8700K at 3.7GHz
Cooler: Corsair H60
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Wifi
RAM: Viper 16Gb @ 2666 MHz
GPU: Currently a Gigabyte RX560 OC 4GB
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M.2
PSU: Seasonic 550W Semi-Modular Gold
Case: Thermaltake V21

I suggest waiting until the release of macOS 10.13.4 before making any investments in to a video card. At least the last two releases of the Nvidia web drivers have been plagued with bugs that are causing severe lag for some users. The lag was so bad for me that it gave me headaches. Downgrading to older versions of the Nvidia web drivers provided temporary relief, but I still consider it a temporary workaround at best. Personally, I would rather stick with the RX 560 than switch to GTX 1050 Ti.

If/when you decide to switch to Nvidia:
  1. Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator.
  2. Go to the Graphics section and uncheck RadeonDeInit.
  3. Switch out video cards.
  4. Install the Nvidia web drivers.
  5. Done.

I suggest waiting until the release of macOS 10.13.4 before making any investments in to a video card. At least the last two releases of the Nvidia web drivers have been plagued with bugs that are causing severe lag for some users. The lag was so bad for me that it gave me headaches. Downgrading to older versions of the Nvidia web drivers provided temporary relief, but I still consider it a temporary workaround at best. Personally, I would rather stick with the RX 560 than switch to GTX 1050 Ti.

If/when you decide to switch to Nvidia:
  1. Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator.
  2. Go to the Graphics section and uncheck RadeonDeInit.
  3. Switch out video cards.
  4. Install the Nvidia web drivers.
  5. Done.
Ok, I guess I’ll just stick to the RX560 and upgrade to something like an RX580 when prices drop. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Was forced to buy a 1050Ti due to pretty much everything else being sold out. Guess I’ll just use the older drivers...

Last edited:
Hi @pastrychef and everyone else here!

I want to thank all of you for the work you've put into making this site (and in particular, this thread) so helpful. I've learned a lot just reading this thread cover-to-cover, and most of my questions have been answered somewhere in here. At the end, I now have a Mac/Win10 dual-booting i5-8600K that seems super-stable, with most everything working. Running Win10 in a VM is also pretty snappy for basic stuff, anyway.

I feel like I should write up my experience building this, from a near-complete-newbie point of view, since it might be helpful to others, and I will. But for now, just wanted to say thanks!

Build:
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
  • CPU: Intel i5-8600K, 3.6GHz
  • Cooler: CoolerMaster Geminii M4
  • Memory: G.Skill Aegis DDR-4 3000, 2x8GB
  • Drives: Cheap 120GB (Win10) and 240GB SSD (macOS 10.13.3), LG DVD
  • Power Supply: Corsair CX650M
  • Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift
  • Integrated graphics (UHD630)
  • GYMLE Bluetooth USB dongle

Already had
  • Logitech K750 Mac keyboard
  • Magic Trackpad
  • USB keyboard (for installation/BIOS): original Apple iMac USB keyboard

Hi mate, I have sorted the USB Issue, my machine still doesn't wake up from sleep, nothing wakes it, not even the power button. any ideas please?

Hi mate, I have sorted the USB Issue, my machine still doesn't wake up from sleep, nothing wakes it, not even the power button. any ideas please?

So the system stays asleep and can't be woken?

Have you installed any software yet?
Are you overclocked?
Have you set up your Serial number, etc?
How is your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth set up?
Do you get any kernel panics?

Back