Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If Bluetooth is working, don't mess with the PatchRAM stuff.

The DW1830 doesn't need additional kexts for Wi-Fi to work. At least it didn't when I tested it... I don't know if anything has changed.

For the DW1560 to work, you should install AirportBrcmFixup.
That's what's strange. Suddenly it disappeared from the system and in IOREG. The whole Airport tree is gone.

This is the story:
WiFi is running
I update to the latest Security update in Mojave and at some point I realise WiFi is gone.
No matter what kext I use, if just BrcmBluetoothinjector, PatchRam, FakePCIID...it simply is not seen anymore. Bluetooth works.
So I remove the module. Fit a native module. I make it work.
When the native module works I remove it and put back in the DW1830. At this point the DW1830 works again.
You tell me...

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's what's strange. Suddenly it disappeared from the system and in IOREG. The whole Airport tree is gone.

This is the story:
WiFi is running
I update to the latest Security update in Mojave and at some point I realise WiFi is gone.
No matter what kext I use, if just BrcmBluetoothinjector, PatchRam, FakePCIID...it simply is not seen anymore. Bluetooth works.
So I remove the module. Fit a native module. I make it work.
When the native module works I remove it and put back in the DW1830. At this point the DW1830 works again.
You tell me...

hqdefault.jpg

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
According to this page:
This is the latest way of implementing DW1560/1830:

Such implementation preferred method is this:
Clover Airport Fix + AddProperties(fake device-id) + AirportBrcmFixup (preferable)

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
According to this page:
This is the latest way of implementing DW1560/1830:

Such implementation preferred method is this:
Clover Airport Fix + AddProperties(fake device-id) + AirportBrcmFixup (preferable)

I never added Airport Fix or fake device-id.

All I do is drop AirportBrcmFixup.kext in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370H Gaming
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 56 8 GB Red Dragon
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey. BTW Bluetooth. I bought a HAMA USB Bluetooth dongle which it randomly disconnects from my speakers. Tried speakers with my MacBook Pro, Google Nest, phones. They work perfect, they never disconnect. I have installed the Bluetooth explorer from Apple.inc, and I caught the error:

Code:
HCI Controller terminated; module unplugged or firmware reset/crashed.
LG OM5560(14) disconnected
Error getting HCI transport info: E00002D7
Feb 14 21:56:28 Botonds-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bluetoothaudiod): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.

Bluetooth Module powered on.
New Bluetooth Module published.

Link quality is between 97-100%, and I'm within distance between BT and speakers.
I have ordered another BT device, what do you think. Does the Bluetooth which fails or shall I apply patches/kesxts?

Last edited:

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey. BTW Bluetooth. I bought a HAMA USB Bluetooth dongle which it randomly disconnects from my speakers. Tried speakers with my MacBook Pro, Google Nest, phones. They work perfect, they never disconnect. I have installed the Bluetooth explorer from Apple.inc, and I caught the error:

Code:
Feb 14 21:56:28 Botonds-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bluetoothaudiod): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.

New Bluetooth Module published.

Link quality is between 97-100%, and I'm within distance between BT and speakers.
I have ordered another BT device, what do you think. Does the Bluetooth which fails or shall I apply patches/kesxts?

I have no idea. I've only used Bluetooth from BCM94360CS2 and DW1830 on this build. Even then, I only connected mice and trackpad to it...

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I never added Airport Fix or fake device-id.

All I do is drop AirportBrcmFixup.kext in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works.
That's part of the whole point. Once updated to the latest Mojave I had no WiFi card showing up.
By following these instructions:

using this combo:

The unit started working again. Both 1830 and 1560.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's part of the whole point. Once updated to the latest Mojave I had no WiFi card showing up.
By following these instructions:

using this combo:

The unit started working again. Both 1830 and 1560.

It's weird that it works for me without Clover Airport Fix and AddProperties in Catalina but latest Mojave needs it...

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's weird that it works for me without Clover Airport Fix and AddProperties in Catalina but latest Mojave needs it...
What's more strange is that in Mojave, suddenly after an update to BrcmBluetoothInjector, the module became unavailable. So I thought I'd go back to the previous version of BrcmBluetoothInjector. At that point the system was unavailable no matter what so I had to look into it again. If the same happens to you, that's how I got it running again. Cheers.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What's more strange is that in Mojave, suddenly after an update to BrcmBluetoothInjector, the module became unavailable. So I thought I'd go back to the previous version of BrcmBluetoothInjector. At that point the system was unavailable no matter what so I had to look into it again. If the same happens to you, that's how I got it running again. Cheers.

No, this never happened to me.

I use Apple BCM94360CS2 cards in my Z370-G and my Z390 M. Neither have had any issues with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. I've updated to the latest versions of macOS on both.

I use a DW1560 in my laptop and haven't changed/updated Bluetooth drivers/injectors/PatchRAM in months and haven't had any issues. I've also kept macOS on the latest versions available.