Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for your answer. You using native resolution or scaled? It will works scaled? All Vega cards will work or just specific models?

I use native resolution. I haven't tried scaled. I have no reason to believe scaled resolutions would be a problem.

See the following link (scroll to bottom) for all the AMD cards that will be supported with macOS 10.13.4:
https://egpu.io/external-gpu-macos-10-13-4-update/

Update:
Tested. No problems scaling. Still runs at 60Hz.
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 9.20.16 AM.png

Last edited:
pastrychef[, what is the make/model of your Vega-56? (Probably should update Post #1 with the info. TIA.)

Please try a High Sierra UniBeast/MultiBeast fresh install when you get a chance. UniBeast and MultiBeast have been updated a couple of times since your first efforts described in Post #1. I've used them successfully in my testing, but I've been waiting for maturity (if you know what I mean) to come to High Sierra. 10.13.4 will cause me to upgrade my systems.

pastrychef[, what is the make/model of your Vega-56? (Probably should update Post #1 with the info. TIA.)

Please try a High Sierra UniBeast/MultiBeast fresh install when you get a chance. UniBeast and MultiBeast have been updated a couple of times since your first efforts described in Post #1. I've used them successfully in my testing, but I've been waiting for maturity (if you know what I mean) to come to High Sierra. 10.13.4 will cause me to upgrade my systems.

I'm using an MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G OC. Yes, I'll update post #1.

Sure. I'll try to give them a try ASAP.

One more thing... Native support for the Vega cards seemed to have snuck in under our noses. I am running my card right now with no Radeon DeInit in config.plist and no WhateverGreen.kext!

One more thing... Native support for the Vega cards seemed to have snuck in under our noses. I am running my card right now with no Radeon DeInit in config.plist and no WhateverGreen.kext!
Whoa! That is good news! But, are the fans still running full speed?

Whoa! That is good news! But, are the fans still running full speed?

Yes, the fans are still running higher than they should. I think we have to wait for 10.13.4 for that to get fixed.

Back