Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your message.
Mainly on r/hackintosh/ but on insanelymac too, the criticism often comes from a small but loud niche. As I understand it it's related to things being included in some apps/tools without propper credits in the past, lack of public source code, alleged monetary interests and "dumbing down" some stuff. If any of that is/was true I have no idea, i was just curious if my install was considered vanilla or not.
Most of the complainers have been banned from here for piracy. As for the proper credits, that's old...from 2010/11 era when tonymacx86 was just starting up. Proper credits are part of the UniBeast/MultiBeast documentation and opening screen. Monetary interests are the same that insanelymac uses; i.e., donations. "dumbing down" are the nay-sayers way of saying we made it easier for people to install and get macOS up and running. So, all of what you've "heard" is whinning by those banned from here for piracy or for other rule breaking.

BTW, I've been a member of insanelymac since 2008. I gave it up when tonymacx86 came on line because, back then (2010), the insanelymac gurus made getting a hackintosh up and running too hard. (Of course, that's much different now as insanely has tools like UniBeast & MultiBeast. Go figure.)

Hi Pastrychef,

have here some issues with the audio. After some some hours it kind of disappears/gets to sleep and I need to reboot in order to get audio out again. This is the same for the digital output and analog out, regardless which one I use. Do you have any mods for the audio or any clues as to what I might check?

Thanks much again!

Hi Pastrychef,

have here some issues with the audio. After some some hours it kind of disappears/gets to sleep and I need to reboot in order to get audio out again. This is the same for the digital output and analog out, regardless which one I use. Do you have any mods for the audio or any clues as to what I might check?

Thanks much again!

I've never experienced this... Please post your EFI folder.

Experimenting here with analog audio out to PreSonus active monitors and digital audio out to a Benchmark DAC and then to PreSonus active monitors. Everything works as smooth as possible but then I leave computer at some time and when I come back, no audio (from Youtube or whatever else). If I connect a Blutooth audio device, it plays fine, not the normal analog/digital audio out, it would need a reboot for them to work again.

Last edited:
Experimenting here with analog audio out to PreSonus active monitors and digital audio out to a Benchmark DAC and then to PreSonus active monitors. Everything works as smooth as possible but then I leave computer at some time and when I come back, no audio. If I connect a Blutooth audio device, it plays fine, not the normal analog/digital audio out, it would need a reboot to work again.

Sounds like an old issue that should be resolved by AppleALC...

A long time ago, audio would drop after waking from sleep and required CodecCommander.kext to fix. But this functionality should be integrated in to AppleALC now.

If you want, you can try adding CodecCommander.kext to /EFI/kexts/Other/ to see if it helps.

Please post your EFI folder.

Yes, loosing the audio might happen indeed after waking up from sleep. Will test again and report and post the EFI folder - do you the complete directory zipped, or how should I post it? Thanks again.

Edit:
Where can I find the CodecCommander.kext?

Yes, loosing the audio might happen indeed after waking up from sleep. Will test again and report and post the EFI folder - do you the complete directory zipped, or how should I post it? Thanks again.

Edit:
Where can I find the CodecCommander.kext?

Just zip the entire EFI folder.

CodecCommander.

On a side note, just saw I have Bootloader 4895 and a new 5045 is available. Is it safe to upgrade (probably within the Hackintool)?

Also Clover is new - generally do up keep all those tools up to date or freeze whats working?

On a side note, just saw I have Bootloader 4895 and a new 5045 is available. Is it safe to upgrade (probably within the Hackintool)?

You can just update from post #1.

Download the latest EFI folder there.
Copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your old config.plist to new config.plist.

Here the EFI folder. It is in tar.gz format (just delete the trailing .txt).
I removed the Windows folder from it.

Attachments

• EFI.tgz.txt
    32.3 MB · Views: 122
Back