Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks. I did completely delete my EFI folder and use the Clover installer against a blank disk. I figured that would place things where they go.
Sorry about the wrong FB thing. (I got it on TonyMac :( )

I'll try simply deleting the reference to it in my plist.

(Wow: 284 pages and counting... that will be fun to look thru ;-) OTOH, the last update there was 2017, and the z390 boards are newer than that. Not sure how far to trust what's there with newer hardware.)

That thread has nothing to do with motherboard chipsets. It's only about AMD framebuffers. It shows RX 580 should not use Kamarang.

Best to just leave the framebuffer field blank in config.plist. Let WhateverGreen handle things for you.

Updated OpenCore EFI to beta 1. Everything has been rock solid.

Find latest OpenCore EFI on post #7366.

In BIOS, make sure that the correct drive is selected as the primary boot drive.
Last Tuesday I performed a clean install, deleted all EFI folders from all disks.
The internal speakers are working.
I hope it continues like this. Thank you pastrychef

same conclusion I came to. Just waiting for a backup to finish and I'll try a reboot with
Cleared it and rebooted. Everything still works. I suppose I should be happy with things as they are. My Geekbench Metal is 198,760. I get frames rates of about 127 in Cinebench. My Luxmark on the card alone is 28,486, (unfortunately trying to include the CPU just crashes LM.) That's All sweet, but I'm not a gamer. I spend my time in FCPX, and I cannot get my BruceX below 17 seconds. Makes me think something is set wrong, at least compared to some the 11-12 second times I see scattered around...

Cleared it and rebooted. Everything still works. I suppose I should be happy with things as they are. My Geekbench Metal is 198,760. I get frames rates of about 127 in Cinebench. My Luxmark on the card alone is 28,486, (unfortunately trying to include the CPU just crashes LM.) That's All sweet, but I'm not a gamer. I spend my time in FCPX, and I cannot get my BruceX below 17 seconds. Makes me think something is set wrong, at least compared to some the 11-12 second times I see scattered around...

Most of the BruceX scores I've seen from Vega 64 users are around 12 seconds. There's a handful of people who, like yourself, are seeing higher scores but no one seems to be able to pinpoint what's the cause nor has any fix been found.

Hackintosh Current Events

I switched to your new OpenCore EFI folder, running without any issues, ATM. I will report back if anything changes. Thanks.

Edit: so far, I am noticing, less sensor information. One of my fans is not showing up, ambient/motherboard/gpu die temperatures missing also.

Last edited:
I switched to your new OpenCore EFI folder, running without any issues, ATM. I will report back if anything changes. Thanks.

Edit: so far, I am noticing, less sensor information. One of my fans is not showing up, ambient/motherboard/gpu die temperatures missing also.

Yes. I also lost some sensors due to switching from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. I don't know how to fix this yet... I'll try to work on it at a later date, probably after OpenCore has its general public release.

What hate? Where?
Sorry for the late reply, I missed your message.
Mainly on r/hackintosh/ but on insanelymac too, the criticism often comes from a small but loud niche. As I understand it it's related to things being included in some apps/tools without propper credits in the past, lack of public source code, alleged monetary interests and "dumbing down" some stuff. If any of that is/was true I have no idea, i was just curious if my install was considered vanilla or not.

Back