Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi @pastrychef ,Thanks for your great job and kindness . As a VII user ,have you ever had kernel panic when encoding or something. for me ,as long as i outpout videos with Davinci Resolve it reboots. i don't know why. and i searched everywhere no clues.
Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

Hi @pastrychef ,Thanks for your great job and kindness . As a VII user ,have you ever had kernel panic when encoding or something. for me ,as long as i outpout videos with Davinci Resolve it reboots. i don't know why. and i searched everywhere no clues.
Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I never tried Davinci Resolve...

Also, I had to RMA my Radeon VII and I'm still waiting for PowerColor to send me a replacement...

If your system is rebooting when the Radeon VII is stressed, it might be due to power. I see that your i7-8700K is overclocked. Have you tried adding a bit more voltage or maybe tried without any overclock?

Last edited:
I just went through this... Do yourself a favor and do not buy used motherboards.

I won't!, 'Don't go there!', sound advice from everyone, thanks. I think the H370M D3H motherboard, (NEW!) would be a good choice for me!. I can fit it inside a G5 case, dual M.2 and an upgradable Intel CNVi 802.11ac Wave2 2T2R WIFI slot, not sure if that's good or bad!.

I won't!, 'Don't go there!', sound advice from everyone, thanks. I think the H370M D3H motherboard, (NEW!) would be a good choice for me!. I can fit it inside a G5 case, dual M.2 and an upgradable Intel CNVi 802.11ac Wave2 2T2R WIFI slot, not sure if that's good or bad!.
@craighazan I'm using a H370M board (Bazooka from MSI), without problems. There's no native NVRAM support so you'll need to use EmuVariableUefi with the RC scripts; which makes sleep work, too. Also, I use OsxAptioFix3, by the way.

Hi, everybody. I have a problem with RX580 Pulse, DP port does not work (HDMI work). After downloading the Clover, the first boot screen with Apple logo, and at the moment of switching-mode get black screen. If you immediately switch to HDMI you can see the login window. Installed kexts Lillu and Green in kext/other(try install in S/L/E and L/E). Changing SMBIOS to 14.1 17.1 18.3 does not affect the result. Changing in Clover RadeinDelNit on/off does not affect the result. If remove Wgreen, the system hangs within 5 minutes after download. Green enables Radeon FB and correctly determines the number of ports. Forced on FB Orinoco does not help. My RX580 Pulse has 2 BIOS (113-4E353BU-O50/113-4E353BU-TSE). I can not turn off the CSM mode, the BIOS goes to reload and turns it on again. System Mojave 10.14.3 I read different sources and topics in the forums, but for some reason nothing helps. Where to find the reason? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.41.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.41.49.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 60
Hi, everybody. I have a problem with RX580 Pulse, DP port does not work (HDMI work). After downloading the Clover, the first boot screen with Apple logo, and at the moment of switching-mode get black screen. If you immediately switch to HDMI you can see the login window. Installed kexts Lillu and Green in kext/other(try install in S/L/E and L/E). Changing SMBIOS to 14.1 17.1 18.3 does not affect the result. Changing in Clover RadeinDelNit on/off does not affect the result. If remove Wgreen, the system hangs within 5 minutes after download. Green enables Radeon FB and correctly determines the number of ports. Forced on FB Orinoco does not help. My RX580 Pulse has 2 BIOS (113-4E353BU-O50/113-4E353BU-TSE). I can not turn off the CSM mode, the BIOS goes to reload and turns it on again. System Mojave 10.14.3 I read different sources and topics in the forums, but for some reason nothing helps. Where to find the reason? Thanks.

Are you using the EFI folder from post #1?
Which BIOS version are you on?
Are there any firmware updates for your RX 580?
Have you tried different DisplayPort cables?

If you are using the EFI folder from post #1, get rid of any Hackintosh kexts you have in /System/Library/Extensions/ and /Library/Extensions/.
RadeonDeInit should not be needed.
In my experience, disabling CSM works better. Not sure why your RX 580 forces CSM to be enabled.

macOS 10.14.6. Update was very smooth. I didn't even bother to make a backup before updating. Took ~10 minutes and two restarts.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 3.12.44 PM.png

Back