Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

yes correct!
is the 10.14.5 patch in 4 KextsToPatches entries?

This is the patch for 10.14.5:

I don't know why you are losing 4 ports... Maybe USBInjectAll needs to be updated? Are you on Z370 or Z390?

I'm on Z370 ASRock ITX board.
USBInjectAll.kext is 0.7.1

I'm on Z370 ASRock ITX board.

Really strange... Doesn't make sense...

I didn't have to make any changes to my SSDT/USB configuration when switching between iMac18,x, iMac19,x, or iMacPro1,x.

Really strange... Doesn't make sense...

I didn't have to make any changes to my SSDT/USB configuration when switching between iMac18,x, iMac19,x, or iMacPro1,x.
Ok I switched to 19,1 (even though the CPU is an i7 and not an i9) and it's working as expected.
HS13, HS14, USR1 and USR2 have appeared.
SSD working as expected.
I'll test this SMBIOS. Should be working. So 19,2 is strange...maybe Apple uses a different chipset in those 21,5" iMacs.

Clover 4945 has been released, anything worth noting?

Anyone know of a way to use a thunderbolt 3 monitor with the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G board?

Anyone know of a way to use a thunderbolt 3 monitor with the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G board?

I don't have a Thunderbolt to try... But I suspect it's possible. There are guys over on the MacRumors forum who have done it on MacPro5,1s. If they can do it on that relic, I don't see why it can't be done on this motherboard.

I think you do not have support in BIOS for Thunderbolt.
Not only that, but this board is also missing the TB header. It's essentially a dongle I think.

Back