Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Did you say that you pulled out your GTX 1060? Are you doing a clean install or an update?
I pulled out the card and this is a clean install. I'm booting into the high Sierra installer.

Hi Chef!

I have a bit of a problem with Mojave.
I recently updated to Mojave. I'm on UHD630 currently.
I've used you most recent EFI and added some stuff from my config.plist that was in my original config.plist from High Sierra.
Now I have a reboot after sleep.
I've found a solution that works for some people, but I'm not sure that I need to do the same.
What people do they just delete all com.apple.Powermanagement from /Library/Preferences/. Is it a good way of solving it?

Here is my EFI. I have inject.intel because it was solving not waking up problem for me on HS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.4 MB · Views: 59
I pulled out the card and this is a clean install. I'm booting into the high Sierra installer.

If you pulled out the GTX 1060, use the EFI for UHD630 attached to post #1.

Hi Chef!

I have a bit of a problem with Mojave.
I recently updated to Mojave. I'm on UHD630 currently.
I've used you most recent EFI and added some stuff from my config.plist that was in my original config.plist from High Sierra.
Now I have a reboot after sleep.
I've found a solution that works for some people, but I'm not sure that I need to do the same.
What people do they just delete all com.apple.Powermanagement from /Library/Preferences/. Is it a good way of solving it?

Here is my EFI. I have inject.intel because it was solving not waking up problem for me on HS.

You didn't install the SSDT-USB.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. It is attached to post #1. ssdt-usbx.aml is not the same as SSDT-USB.aml.
Download the file named "Strix Z370G USB ports.aml".
Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml.
Put it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.

I've never had to delete my power management preferences. It shouldn't hurt to try.

Oh, sure, SSDT-USB...
I assumed that it should be there by default.. my bad....
Thank you!!
I noticed a couple of differences in config.plist... for example my didn't have

PPMC to PMCR patch...

Do I need to keep it?

Also, could you give me an advice on Vega 56\64?
I know that you guys found the way how to control the fans, but I also heard that it can be done only on reference cards and all other cards are spinning the fans like a crazy.. is that right?
The reason why I'm asking is because I'm thinking between radeon VII and older version of Vega and noise is a very important factor for me.

Oh, sure, SSDT-USB...
I assumed that it should be there by default.. my bad....
Thank you!!
I noticed a couple of differences in config.plist... for example my didn't have

PPMC to PMCR patch...

Do I need to keep it?

Also, could you give me an advice on Vega 56\64?
I know that you guys found the way how to control the fans, but I also heard that it can be done only on reference cards and all other cards are spinning the fans like a crazy.. is that right?
The reason why I'm asking is because I'm thinking between radeon VII and older version of Vega and noise is a very important factor for me.

The PMCR patch isn't essential, but I feel it's good to have.

I know that the fans on reference cards can be controlled using VGTab. I don't know which non-reference cards can be controlled with VGTab. You will have to do some searching to find out which non-reference cards have the fan issue and which can be controlled with VGTab.

Should I use the uhh630 and put the gpu back in after HS is installed?

Installing using UHD 630 will probably be easier. Those Nvidia web drivers can be a pain to deal with sometimes.

Yes, you can plug in your GTX 1060 after installing macOS.

The PMCR patch isn't essential, but I feel it's good to have.

I know that the fans on reference cards can be controlled using VGTab. I don't know which non-reference cards can be controlled with VGTab. You will have to do some searching to find out which non-reference cards have the fan issue and which can be controlled with VGTab.
Okay, great! You pointed me to some direction, I will do my research on that!

Thank you very much as usual!! You are the best:)

So, simple adding of SSDT-usb didn't help...

I've deleted 4 Powermanagement kexts from Library\Preferences and rebooted.
MacOS re-generated 2 of these kexts and now it wakes up in normal way.

Back