Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

GPU core 1590MHz
GPU voltage 1010mV
920MHz HBM
Target Temperature 55
Idle fan speed 800RPM (I may change this to something higher, maybe 1000)
this settings is for the P7 value?
the other states from P0 to P6 remained in stock?
And de HBM voltage?

this settings is for the P7 value?
the other states from P0 to P6 remained in stock?
And de HBM voltage?

Yes, I only changed P7. I left the rest stock.

As far as I know, the HBM voltage can not be changed.

Does that also include bluetooth for mouse/keyboard?

I'm currently only using a Bluetooth Magic Trackpad. My keyboard is an old school wired mechanical keyboard. In previous testing, Bluetooth keyboard worked. I have no reason to believe anything has changed.

Yes, I only changed P7. I left the rest stock.

As far as I know, the HBM voltage can not be changed.
Thanks, works like a charm.

Now test 1662mhz @ 1070v with 920 hbm

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 20.38.26.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 20.38.26.png
    480.2 KB · Views: 106
I haven't done a clean install in well over a decade. I just keep updating with each new release of macOS. I don't see why you can't do the same.

To upgrade, just make sure you are on the latest Clover and update the kexts you use. If you are using my EFI folder, just replace the old EFI folder with the Mojave one and proceed to upgrade to Mojave. To be safe, you can keep a backup of your existing EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive so you can boot from it in an emergency.

I don't know why your Vega is showing up in System Information. My Vega has never done that unless I used a SSDT. The Vega cards are not as bad as many people seem to believe they are. Out of the box, they don't compare well with Nvidia cards but, with some simple tweaks, they are very competitive with the 1000 series Nvidia cards. However, users who rely on Cuda are SOL.

I don't know which system definition is "best"... I use iMac18,3 and everything is running fine. If you decide to use iMacPro1,1, you should probably disable IGPU.

I created and Unibeast installer on the High Sierra install (without Muiltibeast kexts and Clover bootloader installed directly in High Sierra before the update to Mojave) It would not boot, and would not show a UEFI partition, using F12 on this Gigabyte board. I remade with another flash drive, First was a Adata 3.1 and the second was a 3.0 Samsung. Because this is a dual boot M.2 machine the number of partitions present in the Clover bootloader from the Uni Mojave was near 10 or so options. Because of the rebooting required during the install, I was making intelligent guesses as to which one to choose. Got it installed. 8700K processor displayed properly in About this Mac but did not in High Sierra both using 14,2 from Unibeast.

Vega Shows in ABOUT THIS MAC properly, also under system information under video, but you are correct no PCI devices show under the PCI sub header

Most likely will try 1,1... I will need to rectify max USB port issue as I am well over 15.

Last edited:
I created and Unibeast installer on the High Sierra install (without Muiltibeast kexts and Clover bootloader installed directly in High Sierra before the update to Mojave) It would not boot, and would not show a UEFI partition, using F12 on this Gigabyte board. I remade with another flash drive, First was a Adata 3.1 and the second was a 3.0 Samsung. Because this is a dual boot M.2 machine the number of partitions present in the Clover bootloader from the Uni Mojave was near 10 or so options. Because of the rebooting required during the install, I was making intelligent guesses as to which one to choose. Got it installed. 8700K processor displayed properly in About this Mac but did not in High Sierra both using 14,2 from Unibeast.

Vega Shows in ABOUT THIS MAC properly, also under system information under video, but you are correct no PCI devices show under the PCI sub header

Most likely will try 1,1... I will need to rectify max USB port issue as I am well over 15.

The i7-8700K not showing in About This Mac is another cosmetic issue. It doesn't matter. It will still work fine.

SSDT for USB is recommended for everyone. It will simplify future upgrades and greatly reduced problems you may have.

Hi, EveryOne! Please, show me the link to download Mojave EFI folder r4.5.1.
I am looking for it half a day and there is no result.

My Hack has been working perfectly recently until all of a sudden I get intermittent crashes related to the GPU. The crash doesn't appear to be tied to any particular action or application, and is not related to temperature. It happens every few days at random times.

What happens is the screen will suddenly become garbled (see pic). The mouse cursor continues to move but I can't click on anything and no other action is possible. The clock (which I have configured to show seconds) is stopped. My only option is to kill power and force a hard shutdown. After reboot the system runs normally.

The System log shows nothing unusual, although the next entry after the crash is usually something like this:

Code:
Dec 22 07:52:31 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 7 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 3 seconds.

Any ideas about how to troubleshoot this further?

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 75
Back