Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

By default, my EFI folders do not disable any of the USB ports. To use the USB SSDT file do the following:

1. Install the SSDT to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
  2. Add the "uia_exclude=" argument with the ports you want disabled to your config.plist. A total of 11 ports should be disabled.

If you post your config.plist and tell me which ports you want disabled, I can help you add the argument.

Hi again, I figured that the Fenvi's T919 bluetooth cable is plugged into usb port HS13 so I want to keep that alive. My best guess is that I need the following line: uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10

I'm attaching my config.plist (actually it's your latest version unmodified by me)

thanks again for your help

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 101
Hi again, I figured that the Fenvi's T919 bluetooth cable is plugged into usb port HS13 so I want to keep that alive. My best guess is that I need the following line: uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10

I'm attaching my config.plist (actually it's your latest version unmodified by me)

Yes, that would work fine. But I left out the two USB 2 ports from the exclude list and instead added USR1 and USR2 which are unused. This will preserve functionality of the two USB 2 ports.

Please try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 109
Yes, that would work fine. But I left out the two USB 2 ports from the exclude list and instead added USR1 and USR2 which are unused. This will preserve functionality of the two USB 2 ports.

Please try this config.plist.
For some bizarre reason this list of exclusions completely inactivated bluetooth (the systems's preferences panel wouldn't even appear). So I tried to edit the plist to exclude HS13 and reactivate HS14 and bluetooth came back. I don't understand this because I'm sure that I plugged the bt cable in the lower half of the port, which on the z370-g user manual is references as HS13...? At any rate all usb ports work now! Thanks L

do you use the apple keyboard via BT? and if so, is it active in bios?

I
do you use the apple keyboard via BT? and if so, is it active in bios?
Right now I've only used a PC keyboard connected via USB. Haven't been able to test my apple bluetooth keyboard or trackpad because no devices appear in the list. May it be related to a BIOS setting?

I

Right now I've only used a PC keyboard connected via USB. Haven't been able to test my apple bluetooth keyboard or trackpad because no devices appear in the list. May it be related to a BIOS setting?

do you have the ability to set up BT and / or WIFI in bios? if so, then both must be enabled ...
the M2 NGFF wifi + BT module of the motherboard (which I suspect is intel) needs to be removed...

do you have the ability to set up BT and / or WIFI in bios? if so, then both must be enabled ...
the M2 NGFF wifi + BT module of the motherboard (which I suspect is intel) needs to be removed...

I'm not sure why but bluetooth started working normally! Thanks all for your feedback

Last edited:
Hey all, I recently upgraded to 10.14.2 from 10.14.0 and seem to have lost hardware acceleration (H264 and HEVC). Also, VDADecoderChecker gives me this...
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

Is this a bug in macOS, or is there something I can check/change? @pastrychef @corint1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.28.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.28.51 AM.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 90
Hey all, I recently upgraded to 10.14.2 from 10.14.0 and seem to have lost hardware acceleration (H264 and HEVC). Also, VDADecoderChecker gives me this...
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

Is this a bug in macOS, or is there something I can check/change? @pastrychef @corint1

You need to have IGPU enabled and configured properly.

in 14.1 the hardware acceleration was lost, but in 14.2 they corrected it ... iGPU configuration helps but is not necessary ... in my opinion something happened during the update ... use time mashine? can give us more details ... repeat in 14.2 everything is ok

Back