Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

FYI - audio is working and I can also use the EFI-Folder from this thread now! Seems I had some odd audio settings and carried around an old Audio-ALC when I did the update from Sierra to High Sierra. Now my update from X-99 to Coffee Lake is finished, and for video-editing in CC and Resolve it is big improvement. Thanks to everyone in this thread!

You can change it back the same way... Just use Clover Configurator.

@pastrychef

So...I changed the SMBIOS to IMAC pro 1,1 and it doesnt load. I get that stop sign instead of the loading apple after clover.

None of the other partions work as well. they all get the stop sign.

What is even worse is that when I try to book from the pen drive where the mac installation is, I also get the stop sign.

How do can I get back ?

Last edited:
@pastrychef

So...I changed the SMBIOS to IMAC pro 1,1 and it doesnt load. I get that stop sign instead of the loading apple after clover.

None of the other partions work as well. they all get the stop sign.

What is even worse is that when I try to book from the pen drive where the mac installation is, I also get the stop sign.

How do can I get back ?

Copy a good, working copy of your EFI folder to the USB flash drive.
Reboot and go to the boot menu.
Boot from the USB flash drive, NOT your system drive.
Once booted, put the good EFI folder back on to your system drive.

Copy a good, working copy of your EFI folder to the USB flash drive.
Reboot and go to the boot menu.
Boot from the USB flash drive, NOT your system drive.
Once booted, put the good EFI folder back on to your system drive.

I made it to the mac utilities menu, but dont know how to mount the efi partition on the system drive or how to access the efi partition on the flash drive.

I made it to the mac utilities menu, but dont know how to mount the efi partition on the system drive or how to access the efi partition on the flash drive.

I don't know which utilities menu you are speaking of...

You can use something like EFI mounter to mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

I don't know which utilities menu you are speaking of...

You can use something like EFI mounter to mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

When I boot from the flash drive that has the macos instalation, I arrive to mac utilities menu as if I was going to install macos for the first time. This is not correct?

I need to put a working efi folder on another flash drive that does not have a mac instalation?

Sorry for being not so tech proficient, and your help is greatly appreciated.

When I boot from the flash drive that has the macos instalation, I arrive to mac utilities menu as if I was going to install macos for the first time. This is not correct?

I need to put a working efi folder on another flash drive that does not have a mac instalation?

Sorry for being not so tech proficient, and your help is greatly appreciated.

Do not boot in to the installer.

1. Boot from the USB flash drive.
  2. When you get to the Clover boot menu, select your system drive.

Do not boot in to the installer.

1. Boot from the USB flash drive.
  2. When you get to the Clover boot menu, select your system drive.

Ahhhhhh. I had no idea this could be done.

all is well now.

I think this was my last attempt in trying to get the most of my vega...

I wanted to say thank you for all your assistance. Very appreciated.

Updated to High Sierra all OK once again thanks то Pastry!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 14.11.21.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 14.11.21.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 124
Back