Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

It doesn't make sense to me how the audio input works fine on my system and doesn't on yours. We have the same motherboard and we are injecting the same audio id... It has to be some sort of kext issue.

Probably is, can you possibly send me a picture of what is in your Library/Extensions?

Also, do I really need the GeForce kexts since I'm using an Rx580?

Here's my Library/Extensions:

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 4.16.46 PM.png

I just updated to the latest Public Beta without first checking if there was a compatible EFI and now my hackintosh won't boot. When I get to the clover screen, it shows no drives. I tried to boot with the latest clean EFI and also with an older EFI that was on my installer disk and the only luck I got was with the installer disk. It showed the drives with the installer disk but still didn't boot.

;( Any fixes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably is, can you possibly send me a picture of what is in your Library/Extensions?

Also, do I really need the GeForce kexts since I'm using an Rx580?

Here's my Library/Extensions:

View attachment 350470

I don't see anything that can interfere with audio.

You can use the Nvidia web driver preference pane to uninstall all the Nvidia stuff.
I just updated to the latest Public Beta without first checking if there was a compatible EFI and now my hackintosh won't boot. When I get to the clover screen, it shows no drives. I tried to boot with the latest clean EFI and also with an older EFI that was on my installer disk and the only luck I got was with the installer disk. It showed the drives with the installer disk but still didn't boot.

;( Any fixes?

Use EFI r4.4.

I don't see anything that can interfere with audio.

You can use the Nvidia web driver preference pane to uninstall all the Nvidia stuff.

Use EFI r4.4.

Ok, that's weird. Nothing to interfere with Audio and yet yours works and mine doesn't...

I was using r4.4 before the update and it was working fine for everythign except the mic but after the update to the latest beta, the drives just won't show up in the clover boot menu. What should I do?

Ok, that's weird. Nothing to interfere with Audio and yet yours works and mine doesn't...

I was using r4.4 before the update and it was working fine for everythign except the mic but after the update to the latest beta, the drives just won't show up in the clover boot menu. What should I do?

If you were on Mojave public beta 8, that may have been the problem. I read from another thread that some guy lost audio input with public beta 8 and that it was restored with public beta 9. That's why it "beta" and we should not expect everything to work right.

I don't know how your drives suddenly disappeared from the Clover boot menu. Did you make any changes to BIOS or config.plist?

If you were on Mojave public beta 8, that may have been the problem. I read from another thread that some guy lost audio input with public beta 8 and that it was restored with public beta 9. That's why it "beta" and we should not expect everything to work right.

I don't know how your drives suddenly disappeared from the Clover boot menu. Did you make any changes to BIOS or config.plist?

Yeah, I get that, but my mic has been on and off since High Sierra. I didn't change anything in the BIOS or the config.plist, and when I boot up using an older EFI, the drives show up but the system doesn't boot up when I click the drive. It was working before the update to beta 10, it just got screwed up after.

Yeah, I get that, but my mic has been on and off since High Sierra. I didn't change anything in the BIOS or the config.plist, and when I boot up using an older EFI, the drives show up but the system doesn't boot up when I click the drive. It was working before the update to beta 10, it just got screwed up after.

When your audio was on and off, you had RealtekALC.kext in /Library/Extensions/.

I checked on my end with the latest Mojave public beta (18A384a) and all drives show. It booted in the Finder fine. Maybe something got corrupt during the update?

When your audio was on and off, you had RealtekALC.kext in /Library/Extensions/.

I checked on my end with the latest Mojave public beta (18A384a) and all drives show. It booted in the Finder fine. Maybe something got corrupt during the update?

Can you help me get the drives to show? If I go into the UEFI Shell and use the devices command, Boot macOS is shown as a HFS device, it just doesn't show up on the Clover Boot Menu. Any way to get it to boot into it?

Can you help me get the drives to show? If I go into the UEFI Shell and use the devices command, Boot macOS is shown as a HFS device, it just doesn't show up on the Clover Boot Menu. Any way to get it to boot into it?

You can try copying apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

You can try copying apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Where would I find the apfs.efi? Clover was just updated to r4669 8 hours ago, that one should be compatible with the latest beta.

Back