Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi guys, I noticed that the attaching pigtail antennas are connected differently in the 2 photos, which is the correct way?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4744.JPG
    IMG_4744.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20180911_182542.jpg
    IMG_20180911_182542.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 158
Hi guys, I noticed that the attaching pigtail antennas are connected differently in the 2 photos, which is the correct way?
Thanks

It doesn't matter. You can do it either way.

I love how far this thread has come! Amazing. I've been rocking out with my HighSierra 10.13.2 since this thread had roughly 10 pages or so, it's been very stable for me. However, soon I will start updating and referring to this thread as I go. @pastrychef Thank you again for being so involved in your build and updating us along the journey :D

Btw, did you or anyone else (that has a z370-G) notice way back then if you were being limited/throttled on your speeds via LAN port? I always get no more than 80mbps on my Hackintosh meanwhile I get 260+ on my other PC that's connected to the same switch. I know there has been driver updates which I haven't updated yet but I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this. I don't want to update anything before I get a little more time on my hands to read through the thread and make sure everything goes smoothly.

I love how far this thread has come! Amazing. I've been rocking out with my HighSierra 10.13.2 since this thread had roughly 10 pages or so, it's been very stable for me. However, soon I will start updating and referring to this thread as I go. @pastrychef Thank you again for being so involved in your build and updating us along the journey :D

Btw, did you or anyone else (that has a z370-G) notice way back then if you were being limited/throttled on your speeds via LAN port? I always get no more than 80mbps on my Hackintosh meanwhile I get 260+ on my other PC that's connected to the same switch. I know there has been driver updates which I haven't updated yet but I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this. I don't want to update anything before I get a little more time on my hands to read through the thread and make sure everything goes smoothly.

No, I have not noticed any speed issues with LAN. On gigabit ethernet, the maximum theoretical speed you should see is about 125MB/s. Under real world conditions, I see a max of about 115MB/s. I don't know how your PC is getting 260+ unless you are using 10GBase-T. I have only ever used the last two versions of IntelMausiEthernet.kext and, as far as I know, neither ever had any issues with speed.

I'm a bit confused here, perhaps I used the LAN term incorrectly. I was referring to the speeds I get from my ISP when running a speed test using an ethernet cable hardwired. My PC speeds never dips under 230ish mpbs meanwhile my Hackintosh never goes above 80mbps. I have tested multiple ethernet cables so I've been able to eliminate that. Which makes me believe I have a bad ethernet port on my motherboard or the driver update will fix the issue.

I'm a bit confused here, perhaps I used the LAN term incorrectly. I was referring to the speeds I get from my ISP when running a speed test using an ethernet cable hardwired. My PC speeds never dips under 230ish mpbs meanwhile my Hackintosh never goes above 80mbps. I have tested multiple ethernet cables so I've been able to eliminate that. Which makes me believe I have a bad ethernet port on my motherboard or the driver update will fix the issue.

I don't have any problems with ISP either.
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 2.38.22 PM.png

Yeah I figured no one here had a similar issue since I wasn't able to find a mention via the search feature so I thought I'd ask. I'm hoping the firmware update fixes this and that it's not a hardware issue. Have you updated all of the drivers for your mobo without any major issues? Btw, those speeds are lovely! NYC FTW. I wish I had access to uploads that high. My only gigabit option here consists of 950/35 lol

No, I have not noticed any speed issues with LAN. On gigabit ethernet, the maximum theoretical speed you should see is about 125MB/s. Under real world conditions, I see a max of about 115MB/s. I don't know how your PC is getting 260+ unless you are using 10GBase-T. I have only ever used the last two versions of IntelMausiEthernet.kext and, as far as I know, neither ever had any issues with speed.

I had it once or twice. Poor NIC performance about 100Mbit instead of 1Gbit. I noticed it transferring files to or from nas. It has something to with the offload / flow control setting. Go to Settings : network : Ethernet : advanced : Hardware : Is "Automatically" with options chosen: "full-duplex, flow-control, energy-efficient-ethernet" change it to "Manual" with options "full-duplex, energy-efficient-ethernet". That did the trick for me.

Last edited:
Back