Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

on valley full quality

"Fan Speed(%)"=46
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=2257
"Temperature(C)"=44

on exit
"Fan Speed(%)"=41
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=2030
"Temperature(C)"=33

after 5 min
"Fan Speed(%)"=24
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1179
"Temperature(C)"=31

after 10 min
"Fan Speed(%)"=17
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=835
"Temperature(C)"=32

Isn't the point the main point of this ktext to rest the fan to Idle after loading the system? So the fact his system is returning to Idle after so many mins doesn't that mean it is working? Or is that only a small part of it? I guess Mojave might do that on its own I never tested it.

Isn't the point the main point of this ktext to rest the fan to Idle after loading the system? So the fact his system is returning to Idle after so many mins doesn't that mean it is working? Or is that only a small part of it? I guess Mojave might do that on its own I never tested it.

Yes, the kexts are meant to allow the fans to ramp up and down based on temperature. If the fan speeds ramp down when the GPU is cool, it's working.

Any idea what broke the MIC input? Applying the 10.13.6 update with the 4.2b EFI pack removed the MIC sensitivity or input signal to be displayed in the sound preferences. Thanks!

Any idea what broke the MIC input? Applying the 10.13.6 update with the 4.2b EFI pack removed the MIC sensitivity or input signal to be displayed in the sound preferences. Thanks!

I am on 10.13.6 and latest EFI and mic input signal is still here.

Please see attachment in post #2849.

I am on 10.13.6 and latest EFI and mic input signal is still here.

Please see attachment in post #2849.
@pastrychef
interesting audio device implementation ... but do you guarantee that everyone will have layout-id = 2 ? ...and if they have another layout they will know where to modify it?

@pastrychef
interesting audio device implementation ... but do you guarantee that everyone will have layout-id = 2 ? ...and if they have another layout they will know where to modify it?

This is a thread for the Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC). It has ALC1220A audio. ALC1220A audio can use id 1, 2, 5, 7.

If people want to use my EFI for a different motherboard, most things will work if they are on Z370. Every Z370 motherboard I've seen uses either ALC887, ALC892, ALC1220, or ACL1220A. All of these work with id 2.

If you want to change things in my EFI, you are free to do so. This entire forum is full of extremely helpful people if you have questions on how to make changes. Google is also a fantastic way to find info.

This is a thread for the Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC). It has ALC1220A audio. ALC1220A audio can use id 1, 2, 5, 7.

If people want to use my EFI for a different motherboard, most things will work if they are on Z370. Every Z370 motherboard I've seen uses either ALC887, ALC892, ALC1220, or ACL1220A. All of these work with id 2.

If you want to change things in my EFI, you are free to do so. This entire forum is full of extremely helpful people if you have questions on how to make changes. Google is also a fantastic way to find info.

You are right... :)..
but it's worth remembering as layout-id is no longer visible

I have an Asus Prime Z370-A Which is slightly difference off course. I always used the ID as it was displayed in previous EFI packs and with this it worked. I don't know why my mic is now suddenly isn't working anymore. The normal outputs are fine. I see indeed no ID anymore under Clover\Devices\Audio only ResetHDA is enabled. I tried overruling the ID setting with value 1-2-7 but no difference. I rolled back AppleALC to previous version no difference.
I never had problems using your EFI packs in the past. Putting a USB audio + mic adapter solves the issue but I prefer to use my integrated mainboard audio because of better sound quality.

Back