Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Motherboard
Asus z370i
CPU
I7 8700k
Graphics
Amd vega 64
I liked what you had for the Vega 56 with the 150% TDP and same fan targets. Basically same as your revised Vega 56 but for the 64. Thanks so much. I tried again a couple times but it doesn't do anything on my system when I click to create the kext.
I attached below. min fan speed:800 max fan:4900 temp target:57 tdp:150%

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 6.51.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 6.51.34 PM.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 146
  • VegaTab_64.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 199
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
AMD RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I attached below. min fan speed:800 max fan:4900 temp target:57 tdp:150%

Thank you for creating the other file I do have a request and that is that you possibly remake the fan curve. I feel like that when working I sit on the cusp of where the fan really starts to ramp up so it ramps up and then down and up and down. Like maybe 62 instead of 57 or make it ramp up a bit sooner like 52. Other than in the fans fluctuating in the middle of the curve the kext works great.

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-G
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
@pastrychef
I actually think I didn't have audio ("internal speakers") until I injected an id. Can't remember exactly how it went, since I was rather tired yesterday. I'll try the combo update again and get back to you. It will be a few days since I have to go away for an event.

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-G
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
@pastrychef
I managed to get it done, before I had to go. And it works! Automatically like announced. "Internal speakers" is back and audio stays after sleep.
So all I did to fix it, was as you said. I cleaned up /Library/Extensions folder and made sure my EFI folder was correct, and then I installed the combo update.
Apparently it makes a difference if your folders are incorrect at the time you install the update.
AWESOME. Thank you again for taking the time and going over steps with me.

Motherboard
Asus z370i
CPU
I7 8700k
Graphics
Amd vega 64
Thank you for creating the other file I do have a request and that is that you possibly remake the fan curve. I feel like that when working I sit on the cusp of where the fan really starts to ramp up so it ramps up and then down and up and down. Like maybe 62 instead of 57 or make it ramp up a bit sooner like 52. Other than in the fans fluctuating in the middle of the curve the kext works great.
i see. So far I dont think anyone have ways to control the fan curve yet. The only way to control fan ramp up is the target temp which is the temp that gpu is trying to maintain. In your case I think set a higher target temp can solve the ramping problem.

but anyway, here are both kexts. You can try which works the best

Attachments

• target temp 50.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 113
  • target temp 65.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 113

corint1

Suspended
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i see. So far I dont think anyone have ways to control the fan curve yet. The only way to control fan ramp up is the target temp which is the temp that gpu is trying to maintain. In your case I think set a higher target temp can solve the ramping problem.

but anyway, here are both kexts. You can try which works the best

how load this kext and how verify temp, fans and state of vega ? tkx

Motherboard
Asus z370i
CPU
I7 8700k
Graphics
Amd vega 64
how load this kext and how verify temp, fans and state of vega ? tkx
umm, you just put the kext file in your efi/clover/kexts/other just like every other kexts. and the way you test the temp is to just run bechmarks, and while you do benchmarks you can check your temp and fan speed by put in the below command in the terminal.

ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan'

corint1

Suspended
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
umm, you just put the kext file in your efi/clover/kexts/other just like every other kexts. and the way you test the temp is to just run bechmarks, and while you do benchmarks you can check your temp and fan speed by put in the below command in the terminal.

ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan'
with or whitout kext same values

"Fan Speed(%)"=14
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=706
"Temperature(C)"=35

geekbench 4