Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

This EFI looks like it should be fine. It's just missing serial, board serial, and UUID.

You can try clearing NVRAM to see if it helps. In Terminal enter:
Code:
sudo nvram -c
I tried reset NVRAM but still not working... So I decided to upgrade to 17G2112 and use EFI Unified r4.1.zip. it should be good right?

I tried reset NVRAM but still not working... So I decided to upgrade to 17G2112 and use EFI Unified r4.1.zip. it should be good right?

If you want to try 17G2112, use the EFI from post #2485.

If you want to try 17G2112, use the EFI from post #2485.
Thanks a lot!!! It is working now except no audio after sleep and wake. You are the best man!. Investigating...

Last edited:
How do I do that? I read about it but don't know where to set the parameter, since it directly boots when selecting the drive.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 09.06.41.png

I've been working on a project since I fresh installed macOS and haven't had time to work on my new machine.
I think I'll be able to try out all your suggestions/solutions today. If I run into any problems I will ask here, thanks for asking!
I think I know why it boots so hard ... you have to check if you disabled the Intel GPU from BIOS...when driver isnt install with success loses a lot of time when boot ...so it happens to my system

I think I know why it boots so hard ... you have to check if you disabled the Intel GPU from BIOS...when driver isnt install with success loses a lot of time when boot ...so it happens to my system

If you disable IGPU, you lose HEVC and AirPlay Video.

Try downloading and playing the video in QuickTime with and without IGPU enabled from:
http://4kmedia.org/sony-camping-in-nature-4k-demo/

i dont have 4k monitor ... but on my HD Sony monitor play without problem ... I download 1,2 Gb

Look at CPU usage when it plays.

The latest versions of VLC also take advantage of HEVC.

Back