Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi, everything was working, until I just made the update to : Clover 4617 + Lilu-1.2.5 + WhatEverGreen-1.2.0. There is a kernel panic during boot.
I've got an Asus Rog Strix Z370-E + i5 8400 + Evo 970. No dedicated graphic card, only iGPU.
Here is my Clover Folder.
What am I missing ?
Thanks.

Your config.plist seems corrupt. Also, you don't need Inject Intel in graphics sections with new WhateverGreen.

For the Intel Inject, I've just copied from the config.plist from your EFI Unified r4.1. So I'll remove this section.
What do you mean by my corrupt config.plist ? So missing closing tag ?

Last edited:
So, I've removed the Intel Inject section, and it worked ;-) Thank you.

Last edited:
Your config.plist seems corrupt. Also, you don't need Inject Intel in graphics sections with new WhateverGreen.

@pastrychef
First off, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
I have Intel 8100 + RX460. Updated Lilu + WEG. Should I remove the Inject Intel and ig-platform-id as well?

Thanks.

Hi, pastrychef,

I am a native Chinese speaker, and I was able to try out the Chinese app you mention about in the latest update. It is a very similar method to this
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...n-high-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=2614653
The above method requires you to edit the powertable in windows and then copy the code to mac and then put in the kexts. The Chinese app is basically simplified all the steps above into one simple click. You first click on the app, and it will open an HTML, and you will able to set your desired frequency, voltage, fan speed, and power limit. On the bottom of the HTML, you can generate the kext automatically. I have generated two kexts by using this app.

vega64: stock frequency voltage, idle fan speed:800, max:4900, target temp:55c
vega56: stock frequency voltage, idle fan speed:800, max:4900, target temp:55c

I used the 56 one seems to work faster then the other one that I used to use. Fan spins up quickly when put under load and drops off as quickly as the load is removed. Seemed like it was within a few second. I will keep trying it out over the next few days.

Hello,

My configuration is very simple:

motherboard : Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming

CPU : I7 8700k

memory : 64 Go

a ssd for OSX

an HDD for “home” desktop

a DP to miniDP adapter

a Cinema Led screen with sound via USB

I used your 3r5 EFI and below is currently my EFI stable version.

some remaques :

- I must be in 18.1 as in 18.3 I have a problem of display with ghost windows blinking

- I use the "config.plist" version 3.r5 and kext of the latest version of your EFI.

- I did’nt experienced any problem with memory recognition.

The performances look good to me (without any graphic card ):
View media item 190767
The USB ports are all recognized (I deleted the URS1&2 ports because I do not use them)
View media item 190769
Everything works perfectly except the sound:

OSX does not memorize the "audio monitor" output and I have to reconfigure it every time my hack restarts.
View media item 190768

It's not a big deal, but if anyone knows a "magic trick" to solve this problem ...

Thank you for your work which seems magical to me
(excuse me for my "typically french" english) ;)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    44.7 MB · Views: 158
@pastrychef
First off, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
I have Intel 8100 + RX460. Updated Lilu + WEG. Should I remove the Inject Intel and ig-platform-id as well?

Thanks.

Yes, new method does not use Inject Intel or ig-platform-id in graphics section.

Hello,

My configuration is very simple:

motherboard : Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming

CPU : I7 8700k

memory : 64 Go

a ssd for OSX

an HDD for “home” desktop

a DP to miniDP adapter

a Cinema Led screen with sound via USB

I used your 3r5 EFI and below is currently my EFI stable version.

some remaques :

- I must be in 18.1 as in 18.3 I have a problem of display with ghost windows blinking

- I use the "config.plist" version 3.r5 and kext of the latest version of your EFI.

- I did’nt experienced any problem with memory recognition.

The performances look good to me (without any graphic card ):
View media item 190767
The USB ports are all recognized (I deleted the URS1&2 ports because I do not use them)
View media item 190769
Everything works perfectly except the sound:

OSX does not memorize the "audio monitor" output and I have to reconfigure it every time my hack restarts.
View media item 190768

It's not a big deal, but if anyone knows a "magic trick" to solve this problem ...

Thank you for your work which seems magical to me
(excuse me for my "typically french" english) ;)

Yes, if you use UHD630, iMac18,1 system definition works best.

Not recommended to use old config.plist with newest EFI folder. Many changes to Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC. They require different settings in config.plist.

Many changes in AppleALC in preparation for Mojave. Using old config.plist does not help your audio situation.

Be honest.

When you saw the 2018 MBP, did you think "Ooh, there will be a bluetooth 5 Wifi Card to go into my NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter soon".

:)

Back