Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming-Clover
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 4G GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please try this EFI to see if it helps your video.

Same scenario, plus a little more flickering and some pixelation in Safari. Both monitors are attached, I can disconnect them without crashing. But still mirroring, out of control from me.

corint1

Suspended
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A new success but only a half ... SAPPHIRE Nitro + Radeon RX 580 video card leaves desirable in terms of performance ... Expensive, inefficient and very difficult to integrate ... Problems with render in the FCPX and/or Premiere ... I do not encourage to buy it...
I've lost all day with the integration of this video card ... and there was no justification for the effort ...
Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 19.38.01.png

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same scenario, plus a little more flickering and some pixelation in Safari. Both monitors are attached, I can disconnect them without crashing. But still mirroring, out of control from me.

Hmm... I don't know what else to try other than custom port configuration... If you want to try one of the older releases of my EFI folder, prior to the changes in WhateverGreen, etc, I can post if for you to try.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A new success but only a half ... SAPPHIRE Nitro + Radeon RX 580 video card leaves desirable in terms of performance ... Expensive, inefficient and very difficult to integrate ... Problems with render in the FCPX and/or Premiere ... I do not encourage to buy it...
I've lost all day with the integration of this video card ... and there was no justification for the effort ...
View attachment 342519

I did a build for a friend using a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse and it was extremely simple. Pretty much plug-n-play. She has also been very happy with performance.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K 4.7GHz
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you selected Inject Nvidia prior to copying my EFI folder to your EFI partition then the Inject Nvidia is irrelevant because it gets overwritten once you copy my EFI folder over the existing one.
I agree. No idea. All I know graphics react better now. Many thx :)

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmm... I don't know what else to try other than custom port configuration... If you want to try one of the older releases of my EFI folder, prior to the changes in WhateverGreen, etc, I can post if for you to try.

That would be nice to try. Thank you. My plan hereafter is trying your Strix-G-specifik EFI, and custom port configuration for displayports, and doing the Toleda/CloverALC-rainmakerwaltz.

corint1

Suspended
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a build for a friend using a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse and it was extremely simple. Pretty much plug-n-play. She has also been very happy with performance.
Maybe she does not have big claims, I repeat, big problems in graphics and video editing programs .... To export in H264 format had to be made many changes and attempts ... A whole day ... Lost for nothing ... Tomorrow they are returning

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That would be nice to try. Thank you. My plan hereafter is trying your Strix-G-specifik EFI, and custom port configuration for displayports, and doing the Toleda/CloverALC-rainmakerwaltz.

Remember to copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and memory settings to the new config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI for Intel UHD630 r3.5.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 107
Motherboard
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Remember to copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and memory settings to the new config.plist.

Thank you. You got me there, I have not reached to the task to fix those items.