Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Audio: I use a headset with the line-out on motherboard.

Video: DP is fine alone (perhaps also HDMI alone, I can't remember). With DP connected and HDMI also start-up halts.
After boot I can reconnect second monitor with HDMI, and both monitors functions. This behaviour I have noticed is described in another thread, with exact same configuration, dual monitor on iGPU.

System Preferences>Sound, try setting Output to Internal Speakers. Then plug in your headphones to front headphone jack.

Not sure about dual video... I only have one monitor...

Please try this EFI to see if it helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.5 MB · Views: 102

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @pastrychef, did you read about the newest whatevergreen.kext that includes (AMD,INTEL and NVIDIA) patch?

Does this mean that the only kext we need is whatevergreen and lilu.kext? Have you tried it out?

Yes. It's all been incorporated in to r4.1 of my EFI folder. Newest AppleALC is in there too.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes. It's all been incorporated in to r4.1 of my EFI folder. Newest AppleALC is in there too.

Thank you so much, i have other motherboard and gpu, but i believe that i will not have any problem. Great.

Did you saw any better perfomance?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you so much, i have other motherboard and gpu, but i believe that i will not have any problem. Great.

Did you saw any better perfomance?

I don't notice any performance difference. Everything seems stable so far. I'm currently at 22 hours of uptime.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming-Clover
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 4G GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System Preferences>Sound, try setting Output to Internal Speakers. Then plug in your headphones to front headphone jack.

Audio: I can only choose between SoundFlower, AppleTV, AirParrot.

EFI: Did you change anything else aside from the patch from PMHeart&FredWst "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart&FredWst"?
It was a mistake I turned that on again, I realize that it is not needed anymore after making my own SSDT for the USB ports.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I noticed that the mirroring option is now shown in menu, and that the HDMI now is mirroring the display output, and I can not control the monitors separately. It appears to that I only have one monitor.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Audio: I can only choose between SoundFlower, AppleTV, AirParrot.

EFI: Did you change anything else aside from the patch from PMHeart&FredWst "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart&FredWst"?
It was a mistake I turned that on again, I realize that it is not needed anymore after making my own SSDT for the USB ports.

I don't know if SoundFlower is an issue. I've never used it. But here's what I see for outputs:
Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 11.31.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 11.31.33 AM.png
Yes, I disabled the 15 port limit patch. None of the 15 port limit patches are needed if you have correctly implemented SSDT for USB.

I also updated you to the latest AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext with the necessary changes to Device section of your config.plist.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I noticed that the mirroring option is now shown in menu, and that the HDMI now is mirroring the display output, and I can not control the monitors separately. It appears to that I only have one monitor.

Hmm... Sounds like you may need to do a custom port configuration...

The directions to do this for the latest WhateverGreen are at:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-for-mojave.256490/

Although directions were originally written for Skylake, you can employ the same technique for port discovery using the following guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-workaround-using-intel-hd530-with-dual-monitors.214125/

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know if SoundFlower is an issue. I've never used it. But here's what I see for outputs:
View attachment 342508 View attachment 342509
Yes, I disabled the 15 port limit patch. None of the 15 port limit patches are needed if you have correctly implemented SSDT for USB.

I also updated you to the latest AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext with the necessary changes to Device section of your config.plist.

By the way, in the method by Toleda it seems to AppleALC and Lilu is removed, when one is following the CloverALC strategy for audio, this is my plan B.

Here is my Output:

Before audio.png