Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Motherboard
None
CPU
None
Graphics
None
Yeah, my typical luck...

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Motherboard
Asus Z370-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey chef,

so to my surprise i received the BCM94360CS2 card, adaptor and aerial extensions this morning (still waiting on the aerial sticks though, asus shark fin for now)

Currently I'm running windows 10 still, before i slap the card on the mobo using your guide is there anything else i need to know of?

btw i have the windows drivers at hand ready, need everything to work on the windows side as well as the hackintosh side (want to get everything working to have a hackintosh ready PC)

cheers

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey chef,

so to my surprise i received the BCM94360CS2 card, adaptor and aerial extensions this morning (still waiting on the aerial sticks though, asus shark fin for now)

Currently I'm running windows 10 still, before i slap the card on the mobo using your guide is there anything else i need to know of?

btw i have the windows drivers at hand ready, need everything to work on the windows side as well as the hackintosh side (want to get everything working to have a hackintosh ready PC)

cheers

You can get the Windows drivers from Apple's Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5722.
https://support.apple.com/downloads/macoscomponents

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
Intel Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated to macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 via App Store with no problems

+1 Worked like a charm.
This has been an awesome build, super stable for 4 months now. Awesome work pastrychef!

Motherboard
ASUS Z370-E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yeah, my typical luck...

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

I couldn't download it until I signed into insanelymac.com.

Motherboard
ASUS Z370-E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed the Vega 56 kext made by wyhtc and it has been working great. Not only has it quieted the Vega fan when idle (it still gets very loud under load), it has also improved performance significantly for me (compare with my results on post #1).

I was just about to post a question regarding any solutions for the crazy fan noise, and I saw your post. I installed your linked wyhytc kext. OMG, the quiet!! I can hear myself not think!!! (eyes getting moist from deep & profound emotion)

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
UHD 630
If I have your config, but without dedicated graphic card, only iGPU, should I install these kexts NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and WhateverGreen.kext ?
Thanks.