Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Well it's works with imac19,2. Thank you guys. All USB ports are working, except back panel audio.
Now I tried with Installation on Samsung 970 evo plus. Blanc screen after initial installation. Need help please

Well it's works with imac19,2. Thank you guys. All USB ports are working, except back panel audio.
Now I tried with Installation on Samsung 970 evo plus. Blanc screen after initial installation. Need help please

My USB ports kext is not configured for iMac19,2. I don't know how your USB ports are working with that system definition.

When you boot in to macOS are you getting graphics acceleration?

What version of macOS are you installing?

My USB ports kext is not configured for iMac19,2. I don't know how your USB ports are working with that system definition.

When you boot in to macOS are you getting graphics acceleration?

What version of macOS are you installing?
Black screen issue is resolved. I just opted for DVI (DISPLAY adapter for short period during installation) port instead of HDMI.
Successfully installed bigSur 11.6 and updated to 11.7 using inbuilt software update utility. No issue at all . Performance is also good. Infact showing the software Update to Monterey.
USB ports are working fine.
I used TP Link W725N wifi with a little trick and now Wifi is working with USB dongle.
Graphics are similar to my Macbook Air.

Black screen issue is resolved. I just opted for DVI (DISPLAY adapter for short period during installation) port instead of HDMI.
Successfully installed bigSur 11.6 and updated to 11.7 using inbuilt software update utility. No issue at all . Performance is also good. Infact showing the software Update to Monterey.
USB ports are working fine.
I used TP Link W725N wifi with a little trick and now Wifi is working with USB dongle.
Graphics are similar to my Macbook Air.

HDMI has always been a problem for me on hackintoshes.

OC85, updated via OCAT, updates without issue or incident. The only KEXT update that I noted was one of the PS2VoodooController KEXTs, which had an update to 2.31. I have those disabled, so didn't even test or see the change.

Overall, simple, quick, easy, no drama.

OC85, updated via OCAT, updates without issue or incident. The only KEXT update that I noted was one of the PS2VoodooController KEXTs, which had an update to 2.31. I have those disabled, so didn't even test or see the change.

Overall, simple, quick, easy, no drama.

The newer versions of PS2VoodooController caused some weirdness for me. That's why I stay on the older version.

@pastrychef Question: After sleep (Monterey 12.6) mouse has no scrolling or figures anymore.
I use your EFI. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

OpenCore EFI updated to version 0.8.5.

AppleALC also updated to latest release version.

Hello, pastry. I have an Asus Prime Z370 aii motherboard with an i9 9900K CPU and a 6600 XT graphics card. Searching thru the forum, I found this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-prime-z370-a-i9-9900k-pro-audio-build.276446/ which the closest to what I have, without the thunderbolt and media thing. Somehow, your setup is a bit close to what I have as well since your board is a Z370 and the same CPU.

I am new to this and not so savvy. Any advice on what to do because your EFI folder is recent but different from my board...while the link I pasted above is old, and I don't know what to change. Please help me build my first rig. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Back