Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello! THX for your fast answer...

Yesterday I enabled VT-d in BIOS but it makes all of my mice and Keyboards unable to control anything even in OC boot menu... had to hard reset and disable it in Bios again to make keyboard etc work... Will try it again and report back.

Funny thing with the driver is, that Driver Software and MacOS says it is connected and loaded, so I can selct it in sound preferences and in Logic etc., also the kext seems to be loaded and active (as I've seen via terminal command) but I do not get Sound output.

Thank you!

I don't know why the driver is not working right... Check with the manufacturer to make sure the drivers are compatible with Monterey.

Hi!

THX! It worked!

But now all my USB internal & external (no BT) aren't working anymore only the PXSX controller.

XHC is not reactive after trying differnt ports with USB2 stick. I'll try to reconfigure with Hackintool and report back!

Any Idea?
Thanks in advance!

That doesn't make sense... It should not affect the USB ports.

That doesn't make sense... It should not affect the USB ports.
I know!
Intel virtualization -> enabled is ok.
But as soon as i enable vt-d it happens.

Internal usb2 not working too, no BT (I have macbook bt/wifi card installed)
The only usb I can use is the 3.1, PXSX.

Also on my mojave drive with oc 0.6.7 it's the same... it says NO BT installed

For the firewire driver... focusrite state support until big sur... but I had the same problem as in monterey now... I updated to give it a shot. But it has the same behaviour as in big sur.

Thx for helping!

When I switched to OC the first time, I took your EFI, inserted my MAC address, uuid etc. But had all the time vt-d disabled. All works well with vt-d disabled, online thing is the error message before oc boot menu.

I know!
Intel virtualization -> enabled is ok.
But as soon as i enable vt-d it happens.

Internal usb2 not working too, no BT (I have macbook bt/wifi card installed)
The only usb I can use is the 3.1, PXSX.

Also on my mojave drive with oc 0.6.7 it's the same... it says NO BT installed

For the firewire driver... focusrite state support until big sur... but I had the same problem as in monterey now... I updated to give it a shot. But it has the same behaviour as in big sur.

Thx for helping!

What system definition are you using?

I am not in front of machine now. But it's pretty sure imac pro 1,1

That should be fine.
Ok! So should I put all back as it was, with intel virtualization - enabled and vt-d disabled and live with the error message or reset bios settings and set everything like yours in post #1?

I don't know!

Ok! So should I put all back as it was, with intel virtualization - enabled and vt-d disabled and live with the error message or reset bios settings and set everything like yours in post #1?

I don't know!

The EFI is made for VT-d and VT-x to be enabled.

What PCI-e cards do you have and where are they plugged?

Sapphire Radeon RX 560 in 16X8_1 slot
Syba firewire card in in X8_2 or X1_2 slot

Sapphire Radeon RX 560 in 16X8_1 slot
Syba firewire card in in X8_2 or X1_2 slot

Those should not cause problems... The Syba Firewire card may not need drivers.

Back