Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Updated to your OC 0.6.8 and the attached photo shows this screen during boot then after the apple starts to load halfway then nothing, the OS doesn't want seem to load.
Only Changed SecureBootModel to Disabled and added agdpmod=pikera to my boot arg.
cleared NVRAM twice before loading. Reverted back to 0.6.7 for now. Thank you
  • Do not use your old config.plist. Instead, copy your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address to new config.plist.

Updated to your OC 0.6.8 and the attached photo shows this screen during boot then after the apple starts to load halfway then nothing, the OS doesn't seem to load.
Only changed SecureBootModel to Disabled and added agdpmod=pikera to the new 0.6.8 config.
cleared NVRAM twice before loading. Reverted back to 0.6.7 for now. Thank you

Edited for clarity

Go to config.plist > UEFI > Input and delete KeyInitialDelay and KeySubsequentDelay.

Or download from post #1 again. I fixed it.

Last edited:
Today I tried to update OpenCore. I copied Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC. I can't boot from a stick. I just get a black screen, no error message. I cleared NVram. Nothing helps. Any idea?

Today I tried to update OpenCore. I copied Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC. I can't boot from a stick. I just get a black screen, no error message. I cleared NVram. Nothing helps. Any idea?

I don't know... After clearing NVRAM, you should be able to get in to the BIOS boot menu and select your USB flash drive.

I don't know... After clearing NVRAM, you should be able to get in to the BIOS boot menu and select your USB flash drive.
Sorry, I can choose the USB stick. But, it won't boot. Even no error message.

Sorry, I can choose the USB stick. But, it won't boot. Even no error message.

Make sure to initialize the USB flash drive as HFS+ and put the EFI folder in the EFI partition.

Hi Pastry, as always, thanks for the incredible support for this set up. I am with you since the beginning and I am amazed that there is still support.

One question: I really need the fastest USB-connection and I wouldn't want to switch mainboards. Do you know of any working USB-C cards? (I am not even sure which is the fastest USB-C standard at the moment.

Edit: Sorry, it's all good. There was a problem with my USB-C cable. It's fast enough for my Anglebird cards. Sorry.

Last edited:
Hi Pastry, as always, thanks for the incredible support for this set up. I am with you since the beginning and I am amazed that there is still support.

One question: I really need the fastest USB-connection and I wouldn't want to switch mainboards. Do you know of any working USB-C cards? (I am not even sure which is the fastest USB-C standard at the moment.

Edit: Sorry, it's all good. There was a problem with my USB-C cable. It's fast enough for my Anglebird cards. Sorry.

This motherboard has USB 3.1 gen 2 built-in which, as of today, is still the fastest USB standard available.

@pastrychef I got a Kernel panic, while hackintosh was at sleep.
Please have a look.
I use your EFI OpenCore 0.6.8 with my own USBport.kext

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-04-11 om 14.09.52.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-04-11 om 14.09.52.png
    390.2 KB · Views: 39
Back