Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Motherboard
ASUS ROG X MAXIMUS HERO (WIFI AC)
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
still stuck at halfway an hour and 20 later. any ideas?
in bios, the memory stick i have has its own setting for pmap. it’s on auto with the attached options, could that be it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
Motherboard
ASUS ROG X MAXIMUS HERO (WIFI AC)
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In the second part, pick macOS.
you know, i’m glad i was just messing around with it. no idea why this worked, but i reset ram again, changing inputs to my graphics card (in bios it was on auto so i stil got graphics anyways, i didn’t think it would affect it) and i am currently in. Thank you for the help, and if you do see this, could you try and explain like. why? just so i can learn or understand what’s going on with simply switching the outputs.

Edit: changing from motherboard graphics to graphics card graphics

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How many years do you think a hack has left @pastrychef

What do you mean?

Are you asking how long this hack can last? I see no reason why it can't last for decades. I think that keeping the system running cool can help prolong its lifespan.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - Opencore
CPU
I7-3770K OC 4.5
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
What do you mean?

Are you asking how long this hack can last? I see no reason why it can't last for decades. I think that keeping the system running cool can help prolong its lifespan.
Sorry I meant "how long before Apple stops supporting".

I am tossing up building a modern hack as I simply despise Apple hardware costs .

The fact I still use an Iphone 6S may be proof of that.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry I meant "how long before Apple stops supporting".

I am tossing up building a modern hack as I simply despise Apple hardware costs .

The fact I still use an Iphone 6S may be proof of that.

My guess is that Apple will continue to release new major releases of macOS for Intel based Macs two years after the last Intel based Mac has been replaced by an Apple Silicon version. After that, I expect Apple to only continue releasing security updates for several more years.

Personally, I've decided to stop investing any more money in Intel based macOS systems. In fact, I even sold my Radeon VII several weeks ago. I see Intel based macOS as a dead platform and any money spent on it is wasted money.

If you factor in the cost of video cards right now, buying an Apple Silicon Mac which has a decent GPU built-in, the current pricing really looks like a bargain.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - Opencore
CPU
I7-3770K OC 4.5
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My guess is that Apple will continue to release new major releases of macOS for Intel based Macs two years after the last Intel based Mac has been replaced by an Apple Silicon version. After that, I expect Apple to only continue releasing security updates for several more years.

Personally, I've decided to stop investing any more money in Intel based macOS systems. In fact, I even sold my Radeon VII several weeks ago. I see Intel based macOS as a dead platform and any money spent on it is wasted money.

If you factor in the cost of video cards right now, buying an Apple Silicon Mac which has a decent GPU built-in, the current pricing really looks like a bargain.
I see your point ... but don't like the result :(

I prefer the OSX / IOS platform and , yet, my most vital software is W10 based. As such, IM stuck in nowhere land as the concept of virtualisation for this one piece of rubbish software is beyond me.

Anyway - thanks for your input.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I see your point ... but don't like the result :(

I prefer the OSX / IOS platform and , yet, my most vital software is W10 based. As such, IM stuck in nowhere land as the concept of virtualisation for this one piece of rubbish software is beyond me.

Anyway - thanks for your input.

The most vital software I use is Windows based as well, I virtualize Windows for this one software and have for about 8 years since I changed from Windows to macOS. I have tried using similar software that are macOS native but I always run into problems. With the 2013 Mac Pro virtualization was very noticeable with the software I use. However, with my hack I can not even tell it is running most of the time even before I changed out the CPU. Virtualization is not really that bad if you have the hardware to support it.