Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Motherboard
ASUS ROG X MAXIMUS HERO (WIFI AC)
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Were you always on Catalina? If you are updating to Catalina from an older version of macOS, you will probably still need to update your EFI.

Just update to the latest EFI.
Yes, I have been on Catalina the whole time. To clarify you mean the most recent EFI on your original post?

Motherboard
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updating cause I just got home. But I tried the EFI, and I was greeted with this. Could be a couple problems because my drive isn’t partitioning right with an EFI and a regular partition, and I think it’s because I didn’t have the right setting or previous format. I’ll check it out, and let you know.

Attachments

• D3EBD6FC-B094-44EE-9A1F-AA4FCE719E50.jpeg
    D3EBD6FC-B094-44EE-9A1F-AA4FCE719E50.jpeg
    908.2 KB · Views: 20

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updating cause I just got home. But I tried the EFI, and I was greeted with this. Could be a couple problems because my drive isn’t partitioning right with an EFI and a regular partition, and I think it’s because I didn’t have the right setting or previous format. I’ll check it out, and let you know.

Just put the EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.

Motherboard
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just put the EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.
Done, and I got the same message. I think I remember the problem with no idea how to fix it. During my try at getting Mojave, I had a problem when i couldn’t get the full installer, only a 6GB one. Same thing with Catalina although it’s 8GB. I was attempting a patcher, because the terminal commands didn’t work,. But there was an error. I used csrutil disable. I could get it started but it always failed right at the end. Any ideas on how I could get the full installer to make the boot?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Done, and I got the same message. I think I remember the problem with no idea how to fix it. During my try at getting Mojave, I had a problem when i couldn’t get the full installer, only a 6GB one. Same thing with Catalina although it’s 8GB. I was attempting a patcher, because the terminal commands didn’t work,. But there was an error. I used csrutil disable. I could get it started but it always failed right at the end. Any ideas on how I could get the full installer to make the boot?

Motherboard
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Very helpful, was just waiting for all the downloads. Currently creating my bootable drive now. I used Catalina just because I personally can't run some of the programs I use on Big Sur, as there isn't support. Should I still use the most recent refi (open core 0.6.7 Z370G)?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright. is there any specific MAC address to change it to, or how do I find one that's good for me

Use the MAC address of the built-in Ethernet of your motherboard. You can leave it until you boot in to macOS. Then look in System Preferences > Network > Ethernet > Advanced > Hardware to find your MAC address.