Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Updating cause I just got home. But I tried the EFI, and I was greeted with this. Could be a couple problems because my drive isn’t partitioning right with an EFI and a regular partition, and I think it’s because I didn’t have the right setting or previous format. I’ll check it out, and let you know.

Just put the EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.

Just put the EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.
Done, and I got the same message. I think I remember the problem with no idea how to fix it. During my try at getting Mojave, I had a problem when i couldn’t get the full installer, only a 6GB one. Same thing with Catalina although it’s 8GB. I was attempting a patcher, because the terminal commands didn’t work,. But there was an error. I used csrutil disable. I could get it started but it always failed right at the end. Any ideas on how I could get the full installer to make the boot?

Done, and I got the same message. I think I remember the problem with no idea how to fix it. During my try at getting Mojave, I had a problem when i couldn’t get the full installer, only a 6GB one. Same thing with Catalina although it’s 8GB. I was attempting a patcher, because the terminal commands didn’t work,. But there was an error. I used csrutil disable. I could get it started but it always failed right at the end. Any ideas on how I could get the full installer to make the boot?

Very helpful, was just waiting for all the downloads. Currently creating my bootable drive now. I used Catalina just because I personally can't run some of the programs I use on Big Sur, as there isn't support. Should I still use the most recent refi (open core 0.6.7 Z370G)?

Alright. is there any specific MAC address to change it to, or how do I find one that's good for me

Use the MAC address of the built-in Ethernet of your motherboard. You can leave it until you boot in to macOS. Then look in System Preferences > Network > Ethernet > Advanced > Hardware to find your MAC address.

Use the MAC address of the built-in Ethernet of your motherboard. You can leave it until you boot in to macOS. Then look in System Preferences > Network > Ethernet > Advanced > Hardware to find your MAC address.
perfect, just waiting for files to copy, and I should be good. Swear the stupidest things get me. Figured I would check all my steps, and the GUID partition... Thank you for putting up with my questions haha

perfect, just waiting for files to copy, and I should be good. Swear the stupidest things get me. Figured I would check all my steps, and the GUID partition... Thank you for putting up with my questions haha
Currently on a black screen, it should be loading shortly. I chose it to boot of the EFI once loading in, I assume that’s what I should have done? Again, I have no experience with OpenCore. HaHa!

Hey Everyone, I'm debating upgrading my CPU from the i7-8700K to the i9-9900K, and I can't really make up my mind about it. I'm sort of waiting to see what the desktop/iMac M1 comps are going to be, and I don't want to spend too much money because I have a feeling they're going to be pretty good. Did anyone do this upgrade and think that it was worth it? Looks like I have to spend around $350 to get the chip.

FYI, I use my hack for work. I do a lot of graphic design, editing, 2D & 3D motion graphics. I would say that I'm a power user.

Thank you!

Many users including myself have done that upgrade and I believe that Pastry even had it clocked @ 5.0ghz on all cores if you're into that kind of stuff.

Will you benefit from the extra 2 cores? Sure;
Will you notice a huge performance increase? probably not.

I notice very small reduction in the time it takes to encode stuff, or export rendering images. I also notice when looking at the % of the CPU used. Since I run a windows VM the extra few cores was helpful.

Back