Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a quality of life question here

Is there any way to change the setting for the order of boot and also if I could extend the delay timer before it auto boots into the left most drive?

To set the default boot volume, go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select the drive you'd like to boot from.

I am unaware of any way to set the visual order of how the volumes appear at the OpenCore boot menu. There may be a way, I just never looked in to it...

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z370-G
CPU
Graphics
RX580 MSI
To set the default boot volume, go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select the drive you'd like to boot from.

I am unaware of any way to set the visual order of how the volumes appear at the OpenCore boot menu. There may be a way, I just never looked in to it...

No issue with the visual order just want to get it into the right OS.

Also for the delay timer is somewhere in the config file too?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No issue with the visual order just want to get it into the right OS.

Also for the delay timer is somewhere in the config file too?

Yes. Go to config.plist > Misc > Boot > Timeout.

Motherboard
Asus Z370-A Prime
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone give an update about the compatibility with RX 5700(XT)s. I plan to swap my Vega 64 for a 5700 but I like to know which model has best results and best compatibility with MacOS. Any ideas?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone give an update about the compatibility with RX 5700(XT)s. I plan to swap my Vega 64 for a 5700 but I like to know which model has best results and best compatibility with MacOS. Any ideas?

I haven't seen any specific 5700 XT cards that don't work. Be careful about which card you get though, most 5700 XTs are wider than two slots. If you need access to the PCI-e x1 slot, make sure you get a card that only takes up two slots.

Just disable RadeonBoost.kext and add the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument in your EFI and you should be good.

Motherboard
MSI H370M Bazooka
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 6600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Greetings! Well, I've updated my main hack to Catalina (10.15.6) from Mojave (10.14.6) and all seems to be running fine. Though, my Geekbench 5 scores for AMD RX570 GPU (OpenCL and Metal) have dropped significantly; roughly 30-40% lower. Have I missed something?
Booting to a temporary install of Mojave (with the same EFI) and the scores go back up. Any ideas?

Edit: EFI is included, if that helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
6900XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi PC

I've been playing around with Powerplaytable. Starting with yours, then generating my own with VGTab and now CMMChris' spreadsheet.

I can get really good LuxMark scores, but I am finding with GeekBench 5, my OpenCL and Metal scores don't really go up by much. In LuxMark, my Memory Clock is hitting the max speeds, but I am finding with GB5, the memory speed never really goes beyond 500 MHz.

To improve the GB5 scores, I have to use a modified version of RadeonBoost. But I am finding that when I have RadeonBoost, it caps the speed at 800 MHz.

Any idea why GB5 fails to go to the maximum memory speed that I inject with my Powerplay table?

Thanks

Ted

Assuming that your Vega video card has sufficient cooling and the same overclocking headroom as my Vega, yes.