Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thank you very much, that helped me a lot!
When I finally get my CPU I am going to report back how it went.

It was really the ram banks that kept me from booting into the installer.
For the Strix Z370-F one should use A1-B1 instead of A2-B2 (as recommended in the manual).

It was really the ram banks that kept me from booting into the installer.
For the Strix Z370-F one should use A1-B1 instead of A2-B2 (as recommended in the manual).

So everything is working well now with my EFI?

Yes so far everything seems to be working.

Ethernet
Wifi
Bluetooth
iMessage
Handover
Airdrop
Nvidia Webdrivers

Thanks a lot!

Hdmi on my graphics card doesn't work. Does it work for you?
I already tried the HDMIAudio.kext but that didn't change anything.

I don't know. I never tried HDMI. I just use a single DisplayPort.

Hello @pastrychef , thanks for sharing your build and guide.
I'm considering the same motherboard and have a couple of questions:
I only see one M.2 slot on the board. How did you end up using both an M.2 SSD and the M.2 WIFI/Bluetooth card?
Is there any advantage to buying the WIFI board version if the plan is to use the Dell DW1830 M.2?
Could you be so kind to share a picture of the computer interior?

The motherboard has a total of three M.2 slots. Two are for SSDs and one for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. SSDs that use the second M.2 slot will stand upright. I'm assuming this was done due to space limitations on the motherboard.
cooler-pd.jpg

In post #40 of this thread, I spoke about switching from the DW1830 to an BCM84360CS2 that was pulled from MacBook Airs. One of the primary reasons for doing so was because of a thread where there are reports of problems with the DW1830 after waking from sleep. Although I did not experience or test for those issues, I feel better going with a genuine Apple part.

As far as I know, you can not use an M.2 slot meant for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth with an SSD or vice versa. So, if you decide to go with the non-WiFi version of this motherboard, you would have go with a PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth solution.

Last edited:
I updated to BIOS version 0605 a few days ago. So far, everything seems solid.

Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 7.09.24 AM.png

Last edited:
Back