Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

More progresss lol ;) Ok what to tackle next...USB fix? (ouch) or this...https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/. Through clover configurator, I've added the device/devices/properties PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) with layout id 07000000 and PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) AAPL,ig-platform-id 03001259 device-id 12590000 - From your EFI 4.3.2 (they were not in 4440 - with gave me HVEC and h264 support with I could not achieve before (could only get HVEC before). So unsure about the need for https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-using-whatevergreen.256490/...redundant maybe a bit...

looks from boot log seems like it's using /devices audio inject 2 / with is set / even though I've set devices /properties / devices / layout id to 07000000 though...

You don't need to use the Intel FB Patcher if you are using my r4.4.4 EFI folder. I left it blank for a reason. Read the last update for notes on this.

You don't need to make all these changes. r4.4.4 is extremely stable for Z370. The only things you need to do are set up your USB and install driver for your second NIC.

If audio is working, why are you trying to change the audio-id?

You don't need to use the Intel FB Patcher if you are using my r4.4.4 EFI folder. I left it blank for a reason. Read the last update for notes on this.

You don't need to make all these changes. r4.4.4 is extremely stable for Z370. The only things you need to do are set up your USB and install driver for your second NIC.

I guess you're referring to : referring to
Update #21 (October 6, 2018):
Updated Mojave EFI folder to r4.4.4.
  • Changed IGPU injection from manual injection to allowing macOS to detect it automatically.
  • Updated to latest FakeSMC.
this you mean the igplatform injections are detected automatically?

I'm gonna try but without the injections like these:

I did not get HVEC and H264 detected...

Also updated the Strix Z370G USB port files. Corrected a bug and corrected some commenting errors.

- I see your point id 7 gave me hdmi audio from the board - since I don't use it because everything is on the gpu I should leave it ti 2...

If audio is working, why are you trying to change the audio-id?[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 6.03.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 6.03.27 PM.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 58
Great build. I tried to follow most of your write up on Z370-g build. Almost everything works using your EFI folder for Mojave, but I can't get audio to work. Did you have to do anything to make them work?

- I see your point id 7 gave me hdmi audio from the board - since I don't use it because everything is on the gpu I should leave it ti 2...

Weird. HDMI/DisplayPort audio should be handled by WhateverGreen. I've had instances where on-board audio wasn't working but HDMI/DisplayPort audio worked.

Great build. I tried to follow most of your write up on Z370-g build. Almost everything works using your EFI folder for Mojave, but I can't get audio to work. Did you have to do anything to make them work?

Just the EFI folder should enable your audio. Make sure you select the correct output from System Preferences > Sound.
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.31.19 PM.png

Also, your speakers should be connected to the green connector in the back.

If audio is working, why are you trying to change the audio-id?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

- I see your point id 7 gave me hdmi audio from the board - since I don't use it because everything is on the gpu I should leave it to 2...

on a side note: I do need the ID platform Id in devices to get HVEC and H264 encoding decoding...

Having gone through all 42 pages posts from: [Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen
it seems to suggest no ACPI patches should be enabled...yet in your EFI 444 the only disabled one is change PEGP to GFX0...

also is macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management relevant, meaning that if I set PluginType=1 with clover I'd not have to follow the rest of the guide...

and macOS (nearly) Native Discrete GPU Power Management would be more important to do

ok now on to USB FIX...

Weird. HDMI/DisplayPort audio should be handled by WhateverGreen. I've had instances where on-board audio wasn't working but HDMI/DisplayPort audio worked.

Well at the moment hdmi audio from the GPU is working with ID 2 - since I won't be using on board hdmi...untill I need a fourth screen I'll leave it like that. I could probably just with the gpu hdmi to te board hdmi and see if with id 2 I get hdmi sound too I guess...

Oh you also mentioned earlier you though my board did not need nvram...I'm gonna try install clover emulated nvram installer to see if you're right...before jumping into usb fix...(seems a little daunting to me)

- I see your point id 7 gave me hdmi audio from the board - since I don't use it because everything is on the gpu I should leave it to 2...

on a side note: I do need the ID platform Id in devices to get HVEC and H264 encoding decoding...

Having gone through all 42 pages posts from: [Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen
it seems to suggest no ACPI patches should be enabled...yet in your EFI 444 the only disabled one is change PEGP to GFX0...

also is macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management relevant, meaning that if I set PluginType=1 with clover I'd not have to follow the rest of the guide...

and macOS (nearly) Native Discrete GPU Power Management would be more important to do

HEVC and H.264 is working for me with out any injection. I don't know what mods you've made to break it.

If you went through the whole thread, you should have seen that GFX0 to IGPU doesn't always work. PEGP to GFX0 works so I disabled it.

If you read post #1 of this thread, you would have seen that power management is enabled.

My GPU has native power management. Not sure if your card is different. You can follow the guide to check.

Please stop making your posts so difficult to read.

HEVC and H.264 is working for me with out any injection. I don't know what mods you've made to break it.

If you went through the whole thread, you should have seen that GFX0 to IGPU doesn't always work. PEGP to GFX0 works so I disabled it.

If you read post #1 of this thread, you would have seen that power management is enabled.

My GPU has native power management. Not sure if your card is different. You can follow the guide to check.

Please stop making your posts so difficult to read.

1) So I read correctly PM is enabled simply with PluginType=1, no ssdt file to put in ACPI/Patched
2) Ok will do.
3) Sorry for the hard to read did not intend to make it so. Just did some cut and past and it ended up like that.
4) Using Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller worked and it and
I can boot without it ;)

Back