Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

so ... when finish download it create an dmg file ? where ? on desktop ?

It will be in the same directory as the python file.

The first time it finishes it will error out, that is because this build is only meant for the new MacBooks.
Go to content>downloads>28>06>091-53703>xmwnewxext02p8jj3jo2yhbyi175sg6bri (path may be different, just follow the folder structure until you come to a bunch of files in the same dir as "BaseSystem.dmg")
Edit the file "091-53703.English"
Find "var boardIds =" and add your board id to the line.
Eg. the board ID for iMac18,1 is 'Mac-4B682C642B45593E' so the line becomes;
Code:
var boardIds = ['Mac-827FB448E656EC26','Mac-937A206F2EE63C01','Mac-4B682C642B45593E'];

Then just re-run the script, it will pass through all the downloads as it already has the files and then complete the creation of the DMG.

Open that DMG, open Applications, then run the install.

Make a bootable usb clover EFI drive. Mine was removed from my boot drive by the install file, so I needed to use a bootable USB and then add the EFI back to the boot drive.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Ok, great news...

Just updated to 17G2112 on a bootable clone drive and the EFI works perfectly.

Even better news...

After reading a few threads regarding the new native Coffee Lake support I thought I would try it without the injected platform-id etc... worked perfectly.

Next step, tried without WhateverGreen... works perfectly. Audio through DP works too (I don't use it, but thought I would try it)

One snag I hit when updating to 17G2112 was that it completely removed my EFI folder. It was fine as I just used a USB stick I have with a working bootable EFI, but its something to note.

So... TLDR;
Build 17G2112 allows us to use the UHD 630 completely natively with zero additional kexts or injections.

EDIT: The new build also picks up the CPU in About this Mac, rather than saying Unknown. You can also see that the graphics are being picked up as CFL (Coffee Lake).

That's great news. Thanks for the update.

FYI, the EFI also works great with the Mojave public beta. :thumbup:

That's great news. Thanks for the update.

FYI, the EFI also works great with the Mojave public beta. :thumbup:

I assumed it would, I think I will put it on this clone drive soon to test it out :) Have you tried without the id patching?

EDIT:
Also, this post suggests we don't need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext anymore either?
Pastrychef... what do u think about this post ? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sleeping-problems-asus-prime-z370-a.252988/#post-1776981

I have test it just a bit on a external usb ssd drive... it works pretty well it seems

I assumed it would, I think I will put it on this clone drive soon to test it out :) Have you tried without the id patching?

EDIT:
Also, this post suggests we don't need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext anymore either?

No, I have not tried without the id patching. I think that it's still needed to enable HEVC for systems with dedicate video cards.

It's possible that the 200 series injector is not needed. I'm not sure. I wish i could see an IORegistryExplorer report from one of the new MacBook Pros...

Well, the id patching just patches it to the same as it currently is. That's why I thought it would work without (and it did).
The "device ID" in system report stays the same.

The thing is, Clover now automatically patches the ID if it is not a compatible one apparently. So it's would probably just do that anyway?

Give it a go if you have a chance. :)

Hi, with the latest EFI, I am getting random freezes where I have to reboot my computer. Below is the stack trace out of the Problem Report Dialog:

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7f98839af4): "DSMOS: SMC read error K1: 132"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DontStealMacOS/DontStealMacOS-27/Dont_Steal_MacOS.cpp:198
Backtrace (CPU 4), Frame : Return Address

Hi, with the latest EFI, I am getting random freezes where I have to reboot my computer. Below is the stack trace out of the Problem Report Dialog:

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7f98839af4): "DSMOS: SMC read error K1: 132"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DontStealMacOS/DontStealMacOS-27/Dont_Steal_MacOS.cpp:198

This is the first time anyone has reported this problem. Did you make any changes to the EFI? Did you generate serial, board serial, and UUID?

*** Panic Report ***
OUT OF TOPIC reply but...
Wow, it literally says “Don’t steal MacOS” .
Nice Apple

Pastrychef... what do u think about this post ? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sleeping-problems-asus-prime-z370-a.252988/#post-1776981

I have test it just a bit on a external usb ssd drive... it works pretty well it seems

What he did works. Pretty much the same as what you will find in the EFI folder in post #1.

If you are asking about USB, that's PMHeart's patch. It's best to use SSDT for USB and stop using those USB 15 port limit patches.

The ig-platform-id injection method detailed in that post has been superseded by a newer method.

What he did works. Pretty much the same as what you will find in the EFI folder in post #1.

If you are asking about USB, that's PMHeart's patch. It's best to use SSDT for USB and stop using those USB 15 port limit patches.

The ig-platform-id injection method detailed in that post has been superseded by a newer method.

But from his post. He advice to remove all the rename patches under ACPI. But from your EFI, these renames are still there.

also you can remove these patches for same reason:
change XHCI to XHC

change XHC1 to XHC
change HECI to IMEI
change GFX0 to IGPU
change PEGP to GFX0

Back