Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi @pastrychef ,how do you achieve a Full Power Management for 8700K?
In my opinion, it seems too much "aggressive". Let me explain - only for playing a song in iTunes frequency spikes up and down near 4Ghz.(No overclock for the moment)
How can I achieve a better frequency response?
I already tried everything: "try" to edit FrequencyVectors,change every SMBIOS,ssdtprgen.
Latest step is HWP,but it seems doesn't work under High Sierra.
My next question is: Your USB 3.0 are properly disconnected when going to sleep?Also I should replug my mouse.(Also injected proper power management for USB)
I appreciate your support and commitment to the community.
Edit:my LPC doesn't work anymore.My Device-ID in IOReg shows 8086,a2c9.Tried to inject into SSDT but doesn't work.
Tried also with all range 9cc1-9cc9, 9c43. Thinking' we should wait for new MacBooks for LPC.

I added my EFI(much similar to your, only changed something like MSR,some kext and USB port for Strix Z370-F)

My config:
Asus Z370F
BCM94360CD
Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse (if someone wondering how it works: oob,no Vega Fan Issue)
Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz
iMac 18,3

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hi @pastrychef ,how do you achieve a Full Power Management for 8700K?
In my opinion, it seems too much "aggressive". Let me explain - only for playing a song in iTunes frequency spikes up and down near 4Ghz.(No overclock for the moment)
How can I achieve a better frequency response?
I already tried everything: "try" to edit FrequencyVectors,change every SMBIOS,ssdtprgen.
Latest step is HWP,but it seems doesn't work under High Sierra.
My next question is: Your USB 3.0 are properly disconnected when going to sleep?Also I should replug my mouse.(Also injected proper power management for USB)
I appreciate your support and commitment to the community.
Edit:my LPC doesn't work anymore.My Device-ID in IOReg shows 8086,a2c9.Tried to inject into SSDT but doesn't work.

I added my EFI(much similar to your, only changed something like MSR,some kext and USB port for Strix Z370-F)

My config:
Asus Z370F
BCM94360CD
Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse (if someone wondering how it works: oob,no Vega Fan Issue)
Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz
iMac 18,3

I just played a song in iTunes and saw that my CPU was bouncing between 792MHz and 3.76-4.06GHz, but CPU usage is at about 1%. I'm not sure this is a good barometer of whether power management is working. The fact that it drops down to 792MHz when idle and sleep/wake working shows that power management is working.

If you really want to see power management NOT working, try installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I have never tried messing with Frequency or HWP in my config.plist so I can't help there.

The only thing I see in your config.plist that probably isn't needed is LANinjection.

As far as I can tell, you have all the power states.
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 8.22.40 PM.png

I don't know if USB is disconnected when going to sleep. I assume USB has to be at least semi-active for my Bluetooth devices to be able to wake the computer... I've never had to unplug/replug any mice.

I don't know what is showing 8086,a2c9. I don't know what you mean.

Hi @pastrychef, firstly, thank you for your support to the community, I've successfully built my third hackintosh recently, and your tutorial has been very helpful. I have similar mobo - Strix Z370-I. I use this computer for production and it's been very stable, however:
- AppleLPC do not load using your SSDT patch, but I do not think it's crucial,
- I lost bluetooth (I use DW1560 BCM94352Z) after the 10.13.6 update. There are people on the forum that experience the same issue, but there is no solution yet.

I attach my Clover folder and IOreg file, I would be very grateful if you could take a second and maybe give me some hints how to resolve those issues. Thanks!

I just played a song in iTunes and saw that my CPU was bouncing between 792MHz and 3.76-4.06GHz, but CPU usage is at about 1%. I'm not sure this is a good barometer of whether power management is working. The fact that it drops down to 792MHz when idle and sleep/wake working shows that power management is working.

If you really want to see power management NOT working, try installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I have never tried messing with Frequency or HWP in my config.plist so I can't help there.

The only thing I see in your config.plist that probably isn't needed is LANinjection.

As far as I can tell, you have all the power states.
View attachment 340774

I don't know if USB is disconnected when going to sleep. I assume USB has to be at least semi-active for my Bluetooth devices to be able to wake the computer... I've never had to unplug/replug any mice.

I don't know what is showing 8086,a2c9. I don't know what you mean.

Thank you for your quick reply!
My real Device ID for LPC Controller is 8086,a2c9,as you can see in the screenshot I posted.
At least, the one in your SSDT, (8086,9cc3) I think is a faked one to use our LPC with macOS.
In AppleLPC Info.plist there are several Device ID,the ones I've used before in my first post and every doesn't work.
I attached the Info.plist.
How you edit Violet Dragon's work?

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-07-13 alle 11.12.32.png
    Schermata 2018-07-13 alle 11.12.32.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Archivio 2.zip
    89 KB · Views: 75
Hi @pastrychef, firstly, thank you for your support to the community, I've successfully built my third hackintosh recently, and your tutorial has been very helpful. I have similar mobo - Strix Z370-I. I use this computer for production and it's been very stable, however:
- I lost bluetooth (I use DW1560 BCM94352Z) after the 10.13.6 update. There are people on the forum that experience the same issue, but there is no solution yet.

I attach my Clover folder and IOreg file, I would be very grateful if you could take a second and maybe give me some hints how to resolve those issues. Thanks!

The ioreg file you posted is corrupt. You must use version 2.0 of IORegistryExplorer to make the ioreg file. Other versions will only produce corrupted files.

Don't know why AppleLPC isn't working for you...

Do you see Bluetooth in System Information>USB? I use the same Dell DW1560 in my laptop and have no problems with Bluetooth on 10.13.6. Most Bluetooth issues are related to USB. You can check your SSDT-USB.aml again or you can test by using the new 15 port limit KextsToPatch instead of the the SSDT-USB.aml.

I see in your EFI folder that you have AnySightCam.kext. Is this needed? Also, I see CodecCommander.kext which shouldn't be needed if you are using AppleALC.kext.

Thank you for your quick reply!
My real Device ID for LPC Controller is 8086,a2c9,as you can see in the screenshot I posted.
At least, the one in your SSDT, (8086,9cc3) I think is a faked one to use our LPC with macOS.
In AppleLPC Info.plist there are several Device ID,the ones I've used before in my first post and every doesn't work.
I attached the Info.plist.
How you edit Violet Dragon's work?

8086,9cc3 is LPC for Coffee Lake.
Reference: https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/8086/9cc3

Violet Dragon's original kext can be found at:
https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

He used 8086,9cc1 for Skylake.
Reference: https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/8086/9cc1

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 5.58.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 5.58.18 AM.png

Last edited:
8086,9cc3 is LPC for Coffee Lake.
Reference: https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/8086/9cc3

Violet Dragon's original kext can be found at:
https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

He used 8086,9cc1 for Skylake.
Reference: https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/8086/9cc1

View attachment 340844 View attachment 340845

Thanks for your answer.
What device-id you have in your Z370 without injecting SSDT?

Edit:
9CC3 is for 5th generation LPC Controller.This is what i was trying to say before: Use a compatible LPC for enabling this kext.

Source:http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewRedirect.aspx?updateid=67f59840-32aa-4e54-994b-0cf7313604f
Infact,in your source is added in 2013.
From a real Mac,SkyLake didn’t have LPC.(Source:a link from insanelyMac Community;don’t know if i could post it here:search for EfiCheckDisabler LPC)

Last edited:
From a real Mac,SkyLake didn’t have LPC.(Source:a link from insanelyMac Community;don’t know if i could post it here:search for EfiCheckDisabler LPC)

Yes, you're right. I just looked at the ioreg of a real iMac17,1 and no AppleLPC, but LPCB is there.

wifi working ?

edit : ssdt.aml not need it ..PM is native, using PluginType
edit 2 : delete serial number when post your clover

Last edited:
Back