Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I don't know of any reliable ways to force 60Hz. I believe some have used DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors with some success... I've never tried.

Remember to check your monitors' settings to see if there is any option to enable HDCP.
I've just found one DP to DP cable at home and connected one of my Dells with it - everything, including mouse movement is butter smooth so far, and there's no HDCP in logs anymore. Hunting for another cable, and if I can't find one, will just buy few to try out tomorrow. I'm super excited to get this issue solved, because it means I can now choose between Vega cards to keep! :)

@pastrychef Found yet another, solid looking DP to mDP cable and hooked up second monitor and unless I don't want to see it anymore, the stutter is gone! :D The GK4 score is 189k and CB15 is 113fps.
Thank you so much for your help and insight, it was incredibly frustrating issue to live with. I will update my ****** and tonymacx86 posts with the solution.

@pastrychef Found yet another, solid looking DP to mDP cable and hooked up second monitor and unless I don't want to see it anymore, the stutter is gone! :D The GK4 score is 189k and CB15 is 113fps.
Thank you so much for your help and insight, it was incredibly frustrating issue to live with. I will update my ****** and tonymacx86 posts with the solution.

Since you have all three video cards on hand to try, I would suggest that you put them all through the paces and monitor how their heat output affects other components in your system. Because they have "open" style coolers, it's likely that they can heat up other things in your computer such as CPU and NVMe SSD. NVMe SSDs will throttle themselves once they reach certain temperatures.

@pastrychef

Hi,

Just to say thank you!

I'm new to this side of the force, tired of waiting new desktop hardware from Apple.

Most of these things are abstract for now, but thanks to you I can enjoy my new build so easily.

I used your EFI Nvidia 3.2 package, everything just works, except for DP sound output, but I can live with that. (without in fact)

Thanks again!

@pastrychef

Hi,

Just to say thank you!

I'm new to this side of the force, tired of waiting new desktop hardware from Apple.

Most of these things are abstract for now, but thanks to you I can enjoy my new build so easily.

I used your EFI Nvidia 3.2 package, everything just works, except for DP sound output, but I can live with that. (without in fact)

Thanks again!

Glad I can help.

As per the forum rules, please update your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Maybe we can get DisplayPort audio working for you, but we need to know which video card you are using...

Glad I can help.

As per the forum rules, please update your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Maybe we can get DisplayPort audio working for you, but we need to know which video card you are using...

Profile updated :)

Maybe I'll dig (or ask) later about DP audio, it's not critical, I'm mainly using headphones or airplay right now.

Profile updated :)

Maybe I'll dig (or ask) later about DP audio, it's not critical, I'm mainly using headphones or airplay right now.

Hmm... GTX 1070 should be supported... You can try enabling FixHDA in your config.plist to see if it helps.
Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 9.12.53 PM.png

Since you have all three video cards on hand to try, I would suggest that you put them all through the paces and monitor how their heat output affects other components in your system. Because they have "open" style coolers, it's likely that they can heat up other things in your computer such as CPU and NVMe SSD. NVMe SSDs will throttle themselves once they reach certain temperatures.
The one I am intending to keep, also the one that's installed right now, Sapphire Pulse Vega 56, behaves fine, when it comes to thermals, I don't see my CPU having higher temps than usual and the NVMe currently is around 40C degrees. I wasn't looking at NVMe temps before, so I can't relate here.

However, the issue is back again, and with it the console errors about 'Failed HDCP: status 4'. I've ordered new cables, but don't have them yet, so can't say if it's fixable. But it is very strange that it was gone and is back in the morning :(

The one I am intending to keep, also the one that's installed right now, Sapphire Pulse Vega 56, behaves fine, when it comes to thermals, I don't see my CPU having higher temps than usual and the NVMe currently is around 40C degrees. I wasn't looking at NVMe temps before, so I can't relate here.

However, the issue is back again, and with it the console errors about 'Failed HDCP: status 4'. I've ordered new cables, but don't have them yet, so can't say if it's fixable. But it is very strange that it was gone and is back in the morning :(

Simply having the system up for a long stretch shouldn't affect this. I've kept my system up and running for weeks at a time and have never seen this happen.

Back