Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes, you can disable snapshots. I don't know the exact command... Just google and you will find it.

You may also want to disable hibernation as the sleep image can also get very big.

Ok, thanks. I booted into recovery and was able to reinstall MacOS without losing any of my files.

One more thing, my audio isn't working anymore and the clover boot screen doesn't show up when I boot without my Install USB.

One more thing, my audio isn't working anymore and the clover boot screen doesn't show up when I boot without my Install USB.

Just make sure that you copy your EFI folder to the EFI partition of your main system drive.

Don't know why your audio stopped working. Audio is handled by the AppleALC.kext which is located in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. You can try enabling FixHDA in your config.plist, but I've never had to do this...

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 1.22.34 PM.png

@pastrychef your build says Power Nap is working, did you have to do anything specific? dark wake=? wake from network on/off? any:
sudo pmset -a hibernate mode 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a disksleep 0?
trying to get my power nap to work, and so far no luck, with it enabled my pc is waking up "fully" at random times and log shows its caused by RTC alarm.

@pastrychef your build says Power Nap is working, did you have to do anything specific? dark wake=? wake from network on/off? any:
sudo pmset -a hibernate mode 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a disksleep 0?
trying to get my power nap to work, and so far no luck, with it enabled my pc is waking up "fully" at random times and log shows its caused by RTC alarm.

No, I never had to do anything special.

When does it wake? Once an hour? Do the fans come on, or is it just like it’s still sleeping? Trying to figure this out and unfortunately not much on this on the web

I don't know. I never paid attention. I don't think the fans spun up, but I could be wrong. I do know that the power light changes from blinking to steadily lit when it's doing its thing.

Update for my problem; HackMac reboots in the sleep = Yeah the terminal command in your guide helped...!

Sorry that you have to work with stupid people o_O

Based on this guide, I got an MSI Z170 Gaming M3 working great, too. 1080 graphics. No HDMI audio for some reason, but ..eh, no biggie.

RALINK (DLINK DWA140-B1) wireless networking is working too, albeit with an add-in (non-Apple) GUI to control it, which requires a reconnect at every reboot. :(

The Killer E2400 NIC is recognized, but I'm not in a place I can use it, so I can only assume it works.

I have a cheap USB bluetooth stick that appears to be recognized without issue as well.

Based on this guide, I got an MSI Z170 Gaming M3 working great, too. 1080 graphics. No HDMI audio for some reason, but ..eh, no biggie.

RALINK (DLINK DWA140-B1) wireless networking is working too, albeit with an add-in (non-Apple) GUI to control it, which requires a reconnect at every reboot. :(

The Killer E2400 NIC is recognized, but I'm not in a place I can use it, so I can only assume it works.

I have a cheap USB bluetooth stick that appears to be recognized without issue as well.

Cool!

For the Killer e2400, check the following thread for the correct drivers:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/qualcomm-atheros-killer-ethernet-e2400.178202/

Back