Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef You sir have convinced me to the Z370 platform...
I have just assembled a i7 8700K Z370 Strix E build and it is working perfectly using your EFI folder.
I finally am able to sleep / wake using just "darkwake" not to mention no more silly USB eject during sleep!
Also this means that when I use my BCM94360CD my bluetooth Apple Magic Keyboard is useable the instant I wake from sleep
Time to make a SSDT for the USB ports, get 2.1A charging working and then my build is 100% perfect. I also will soon test "Power Nap" and WOL overnight, from initial testing this build is working a lot smoother than my X299 rig.

Another benefit of using the Z370 platform is that you get the iGPU for Quicksync and also Apple Airplay display streaming.
Big thank you :)

@pastrychef You sir have convinced me to the Z370 platform...
I have just assembled a i7 8700K Z370 Strix E build and it is working perfectly using your EFI folder.
I finally am able to sleep / wake using just "darkwake" not to mention no more silly USB eject during sleep!
Also this means that when I use my BCM94360CD my bluetooth Apple Magic Keyboard is useable the instant I wake from sleep
Time to make a SSDT for the USB ports, get 2.1A charging working and then my build is 100% perfect. I also will soon test "Power Nap" and WOL overnight, from initial testing this build is working a lot smoother than my X299 rig.

Another benefit of using the Z370 platform is that you get the iGPU for Quicksync and also Apple Airplay display streaming.
Big thank you :)

Yes, after having used this system for about half a year, I feel this system is as close to a real Mac as possible. Everything is just a tad better than my old Z170 build. Using my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card in the M.2 slot works great. Bluetooth devices continue to work in BIOS and Windows without the need to pair the devices again.

Glad I could help. ;)

@pastrychef
Sir!
After playing around with blootooth, I change current EFI to yours 3.2 version.
System start okay, but then asked me for some upgrade which I installed and got this error.
please advice what to do to fix it. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20180528_052901.jpg
    20180528_052901.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 85
@pastrychef
Sir!
After playing around with blootooth, I change current EFI to yours 3.2 version.
System start okay, but then asked me for some upgrade which I installed and got this error.
please advice what to do to fix it. Thank you!!!

What upgrade did you do?

Do you have CSM disabled in BIOS?

Last edited:
Well I changed to 1 and it didnt work, but I recall someone saying change to the Black port from green, and that did fix it

: )

Facing the same issue with Audio after wake up - I am on Inject Audio ID set to 1.
Not entirely sure how the black port can help - at least in my case it does not make a difference.

My fix was to add the CodecCommander kext despite using the latest AppleALC kext.

I found the “black port fix” but I wasn’t happy as it had a lower volume output for me.

I ended up fixing it using “FixHDA” in Clover Configurator and using the green port.

Hope it helps.

72FB02A7-6797-4EB1-8F0E-3753FFD29D64.png

Yes, after having used this system for about half a year, I feel this system is as close to a real Mac as possible. Everything is just a tad better than my old Z170 build. Using my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card in the M.2 slot works great. Bluetooth devices continue to work in BIOS and Windows without the need to pair the devices again.

Glad I could help. ;)
Yes it certainly is very close. So far cannot find one thing that isn't like on a real Mac.
Appreciate your guide :)
I just made my USB SSDT and have the USB ports working perfectly without using any port limit patch.

I'm going to do some testing and try cut down on any un-needed flags in your config.plist
I have attached a slimmed down config.plist to work with a 1080Ti. After doing some testing, many of the flags previously enabled are not needed, you can compare them side by side in Clover Configurator.

I’m not exactly sure what the boot flag relating to Shiki does? I’m not sure if this is required or not. According to the Shiki Github, the “shikigva” flag shouldn’t be entered as apparently Shiki knows the optimal configuration?

During my testing I also found out that my Asus Z370 Strix E doesn't have a locked MSR, nor requires any power management patches. What a pleasant surprise :p I even found the CFG (MSR) enable / disable setting in the bios, finally Asus give us the option.

Also I got 2.1A charging working using "SSDT-USBX". I would recommend attaching this SSDT to your guide for proper USB power management :)

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 138
  • config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Yes it certainly is very close. So far cannot find one thing that isn't like on a real Mac.
Appreciate your guide :)
I just made my USB SSDT and have the USB ports working perfectly without using any port limit patch.

I'm going to do some testing and try cut down on any un-needed flags in your config.plist
I have attached a slimmed down config.plist to work with a 1080Ti. After doing some testing, many of the flags previously enabled are not needed, you can compare them side by side in Clover Configurator.

I’m not exactly sure what the boot flag relating to Shiki does? I’m not sure if this is required or not. According to the Shiki Github, the “shikigva” flag shouldn’t be entered as apparently Shiki knows the optimal configuration?

During my testing I also found out that my Asus Z370 Strix E doesn't have a locked MSR, nor requires any power management patches. What a pleasant surprise :p I even found the CFG (MSR) enable / disable setting in the bios, finally Asus give us the option.

Also I got 2.1A charging working using "SSDT-USBX". I would recommend attaching this SSDT to your guide for proper USB power management :)

I have the shiki flags in there to try and create a "lowest common denominator" scenario that would work for as many people as possible.

Yes, I don't have any issues with MSR either.

I had SSDT-USBX.aml planned for next release of these EFI folders. :thumbup:

Software upgrade from Apple.
CSM was enable

Try disabling CSM.

Since it's a USB issue, you can try updating to the latest USBInjectAll.kext and/or try with your USB flash drive in a different USB slot.

I have the shiki flags in there to try and create a "lowest common denominator" scenario that would work for as many people as possible.

Yes, I don't have any issues with MSR either.

I had SSDT-USBX.aml planned for next release of these EFI folders. :thumbup:
That’s understandable, that’s what I thought as well. :)

What is your network "Service Order", do you have all 3 adapters connected at once?

Last edited:
Back