Contribute
Register

pastrychef's $62 Dell OptiPlex 3050 Clunker - i3-6100 - RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef does your RX560 fans spin up full blast on boot (halfway through boot until a while on the login screen) and when entering/leaving sleep mode? I have the exact same model and am experiencing this, which is not ideal. Thanks

@pastrychef does your RX560 fans spin up full blast on boot (halfway through boot until a while on the login screen) and when entering/leaving sleep mode? I have the exact same model and am experiencing this, which is not ideal. Thanks

Not that I'm aware of... But I've never watched it during the boot process. I've never heard the fans of my RX 560.

Not that I'm aware of... But I've never watched it during the boot process. I've never heard the fans of my RX 560.
You would know about it if it was like mine; it sounds like a rocket ship! You would have to have a very noisy machine or loud music to not notice.

You would know about it if it was like mine; it sounds like a rocket ship! You would have to have a very noisy machine or loud music to not notice.

I've definitely never heard anything like that from my RX 560.

Can you test whether the onboard audio works or not after wake with my AppleALC, Codec Commander and Combojack script. Wake doesn't work on my machine. All three outputs and one headset mic. Please...thank you!

Can you test whether the onboard audio works or not after wake with my AppleALC, Codec Commander and Combojack script. Wake doesn't work on my machine. All three outputs and one headset mic. Please...thank you!

I haven't even tried the combo jack thing yet... I'm still just using HDMI audio.

Once macOS was installed, I was able to re-enable the IGPU and use it headlessly
Regarding this - how do you set this up? Do you add an ig-platform-id into Clover (as per your 8300 build) or do you use the new Whatevergreen / hackintool method as outlined in this thread? I am talking in relation to an 8300 / HD4000 / RX560 setup but assume there will be similarities. Thanks

Regarding this - how do you set this up? Do you add an ig-platform-id into Clover (as per your 8300 build) or do you use the new Whatevergreen / hackintool method as outlined in this thread? I am talking in relation to an 8300 / HD4000 / RX560 setup but assume there will be similarities. Thanks

If you are on Mojave and Clover/Kexts have been updated to latest versions, you shouldn't have to enter anything. Clover should recognize your IGPU and configure it auto-magically.

If you are on Mojave and Clover/Kexts have been updated to latest versions, you shouldn't have to enter anything. Clover should recognize your IGPU and configure it auto-magically.
Oh wow. Automagic sounds exciting. Will have to get on the case with upgrading to Mojave!

Oh wow. Automagic sounds exciting. Will have to get on the case with upgrading to Mojave!
FYI it also appears to do the automagic thing on 10.13.6 :)

I enabled HD4000 in BIOS, after removing two clover patches which are now handled by Whatevergreen (GFX0 to IGPU) and (PEGP to GFX0). It appears to be correctly detected without any Clover settings or patching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back