Contribute
Register

pastrychef's $62 Dell OptiPlex 3050 Clunker - i3-6100 - RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef following your success and silence I have bought the identical (PowerColor RX 560 DHV2/OC) graphics card and I am intending to use it in my HP 8300 CMT, replacing a GT710 (and HD4000). It is currently running 10.13.6 and rock solid and I have not had the chance to shift to Mojave yet - doing the required backups, reading, testing etc.

Should I upgrade to Mojave before using this card or should I be fine with 10.13.6 - and any recommended steps in order to have a smooth transition from the GT710?

@pastrychef following your success and silence I have bought the identical (PowerColor RX 560 DHV2/OC) graphics card and I am intending to use it in my HP 8300 CMT, replacing a GT710 (and HD4000). It is currently running 10.13.6 and rock solid and I have not had the chance to shift to Mojave yet - doing the required backups, reading, testing etc.

Should I upgrade to Mojave before using this card or should I be fine with 10.13.6 - and any recommended steps in order to have a smooth transition from the GT710?

Please post your EFI folder. I need to see how your system is configured to know if you need to do anything before plugging in the RX 560.

10.13.6 and Mojave both have support for the RX 560 so it's up to you which you want to use.

@pastrychef what is the config.plist inside of the ACPI folder?

Ooops. Don't know how that got there. Lol It shouldn't be there and isn't needed, but it will not cause any harm either.

I've removed it. Thanks for the heads up!

Please post your EFI folder. I need to see how your system is configured to know if you need to do anything before plugging in the RX 560.

10.13.6 and Mojave both have support for the RX 560 so it's up to you which you want to use.
Thanks in advance. I took this back across to the original HP 8300 thread as it seemed more relevant there rather than cluttering your Dell thread here!

Greet! I got everything working include onboard audio but awake. You should add device information of the audio to make it recognized by system. For me, I add it in Devices/Arbitrary by Clover Configurator. Also, I faked AppleALC ID 11 for it and make a Pull Request to AppleALC master. The outputs are perfect and headset mic drived by a script. You can find it here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mojave-10-14-5-on-dell-optiplex-3050.279277/
The only question is that it cannot awake after sleep with hd630. How did you fix it in hd530?

I don't have a compatible i7 for this system so I can't give you any Geekbench results...

The motherboard uses proprietary wiring for the power supply. You'd probably have to do a bit of modding if you want to replace the power supply with a standard ATX power supply...

If you just want to be able to power a better video card, you can try the hack here. I may pick up the parts to mess around with myself...
The new Optiplex XE3 get a 365W PSU with a same shape. I find this PSU on taobao

Thanks. Do you have a link?
I just find one shop sells the XE3 365W PSU last year but cannot find it now. I find another 360W PSU that suits 3050 and the model number is H360EGM and L360EGM. You can just search it.

I just find one shop sells the XE3 365W PSU last year but cannot find it now. I find another 360W PSU that suits 3050 and the model number is H360EGM and L360EGM. You can just search it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back