Contribute
Register

pastrychef's $62 Dell OptiPlex 3050 Clunker - i3-6100 - RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastry can you tell me more about how to do it? I have bought a HP Prodesk 600G1 which worked but after BIOS Upgrade to latest the IGPU driver is not loaded anymore. Only with the -igfxvega bootflag. I don't know what exactly is going on but it has something to do with the DVMT memory available I think. Can you lead me the way?

Please see here for instructions on how to find the address to change on my Latitude 3450. It should be very similar to how to do it on your HP.

Please see here for instructions on how to find the address to change on my Latitude 3450. It should be very similar to how to do it on your HP.
Tonight I have hobby time. ... up to the next challenge ;-)

I tried but I had to use Phoenixtool. Working as it should however the next step (Universal IFR Extractor) is not working because the file is not recognized. There is not a big ROM file containing the EUFI structure so I can't verify what the current DVMT setting is. Can you identify the DVMT value the bios default holds? I have attached latest Prodesk 600 Bios.

Attachments

• L01_0277.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
I tried but I had to use Phoenixtool. Working as it should however the next step (Universal IFR Extractor) is not working because the file is not recognized. There is not a big ROM file containing the EUFI structure so I can't verify what the current DVMT setting is. Can you identify the DVMT value the bios default holds? I have attached latest Prodesk 600 Bios.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.03.45 AM.png

Attachments

• Section_Freeform_subtype_GUID_97E409E6-4CC1-11D9-81F6-000000000000_Setup_Setup.txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
hmm added these values as new DVMT setup_var 0x233 0x4 & setup_var 0x4a3 0x0 (also CFG lock disabled). Still no difference.

Try 0x233 0x2. Only 64MB worked for my laptop. I don't know why, but higher values didn't work.

Also, set 0x234 0x3.

on value 0x233 I receive an error 0x000000000001 .... can't set variable ...
0x234 was ok. This is a desktop... Im starting getting afraid that the bios doesn't allow higher DVMT amount...

on value 0x233 I receive an error 0x000000000001 .... can't set variable ...
0x234 was ok. This is a desktop... Im starting getting afraid that the bios doesn't allow higher DVMT amount...

Hmm... I don't know why it won't let you set to 64MB.

Maybe try clearing CMOS and starting over?

Hmm... I don't know why it won't let you set to 64MB.

Maybe try clearing CMOS and starting over?
No I read a comment of rehab man somewhere where the same question was asked. His answer was that the bios doest allow you to modify these settings. Some are protected.

Hi everyone. I'm not new to the world of hackintosh. In the past years I built my first PC with Snow Leopard, then another with Lion. In recent times my Optiplex 7010 with Catalina (the one in signature) and an Optiplex 3020 with Catalina.

Only now I'm doing an Optiplex 3050 (i5-7500, Intel HD 630 video, Audio Alc 255, 08NPPY motherboard) of a colleague of mine, and I am in difficulty.

I followed the guide to set up the DVMT memory. I set the BIOS as in the first post of this discussion. I created the USB stick with Mojave and replaced the EFI folder with the most updated one in this discussion; i.e., the R4.

But, unfortunately, at startup, the Apple logo appears, and then it restarts.

I also tried with a stick with Catalina, but nothing to do.

Can you give me a hand please?

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back