Contribute
Register

pastrychef's $62 Dell OptiPlex 3050 Clunker - i3-6100 - RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who want to upgrade to a more powerful power supply, I found the following:

Btw, I believe SFX power supplies can fit.

For those who want to upgrade to a more powerful power supply

That seller, moddiy makes some of the highest quality PSU adapter cables. Manufacturers like Dell actually recommend them in their customer support forums. www.moddiy.com

US buyers can get it from them even faster from their own website.

Any luck with Catalina install?
I tried using your EFI r1 from the first post but it reboots
Attaching screenshot with errors, looks like something with framebuffer

Attachments

• Catalina install panic.jpg
    Catalina install panic.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72

I haven't updated this build to Catalina yet. I'll give it a go later and update.

I just updated to Catalina. The screen did go black in the middle of the installation but I saw that there was still disk activity so I just left it alone and it completed the update.
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 10.21.59 AM.png

Please try with the attached EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.6 MB · Views: 185
Please try with the attached EFI folder.

Thanks!
Installer boots using this EFI! Will try to complete the installation after I regenerate the Mac serials.

What else should I change in your config considering I have slightly different hardware?
I see some iGFX boot parameters which I think I should remove as I plan to use Intel HD 530 and not Radeon 560 as in your configuration.
I also have i5 and not i3, 16Gb of RAM instead of 8, and I use M.2 NVMe SSD drive (which I believe Phison E12 based).

Thanks!
Installer boots using this EFI! Will try to complete the installation after I regenerate the Mac serials.

What else should I change in your config considering I have slightly different hardware?
I see some iGFX boot parameters which I think I should remove as I plan to use Intel HD 530 and not Radeon 560 as in your configuration.
I also have i5 and not i3, 16Gb of RAM instead of 8, and I use M.2 NVMe SSD drive (which I believe Phison E12 based).

There's no need to change anything if it's working. Just generate Serial, Board Serial, and UUID and you are done.

The differences between your system and mine don't matter.

There's no need to change anything if it's working.

Audio is not working. Checked back, front and HDMI, did not try display port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back