Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't seem to get my new Hackintosh to connect to my LAN. It keeps rejecting my password. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I can't seem to get my new Hackintosh to connect to my LAN. It keeps rejecting my password. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

The quality and quantity of help that you receive here is usually directly proportional to the information that you provide - In all fairness, we don't have a lot to go on.

Reboot computer.
Reboot router.
Connect with ethernet.
Change password.

Good Luck

I tried all that. I'm not sure what you need to know thats not in my profile. Simple stuff on my Apple Macs. Select computer to network with type in name and password and it works. With the Hack I do the same thing and it fails to connect. Was wondering if this was a common trouble. I can use AirDrop without problems.

I'm not sure what you need to know thats not in my profile.

Your motherboard and wireless card would be helpful.

Any messages in the console log when it fails ?

Good Luck

I can use AirDrop without problems.

I just reread that. You are able to connect to your wireless network or you wouldn't be able to AirDrop, so what is it that you are having trouble logging in to ?

What's authenticating your logon credentials ?

Are there any relevant messages in the log on that system ?

Edit : Just checked on the Apple site and "you don't have to connect to a specific network" to use AirDrop.

Just a simple can not connect when I try to "connect as". Very strange.
I'm using this wireless adaptor
[h=1]TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps[/h]
Mobo is a
GA-Z87X-UD5H

Just a simple can not connect when I try to "connect as". Very strange.
I'm using this wireless adaptor
[h=1]TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps[/h]
Mobo is a
GA-Z87X-UD5H

So you can "see" the other computer that you are trying to connect to in Finder.
On the computer you are trying to connect to check System Preferences - Sharing - File Sharing
Make sure you are on the list of valid users and that the folder you want to access is actually shared.

Good Luck

Everything looks good in prefs. I can sign on as a guest now but thats it. I try to log in with my password the screen does that shake thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back