Contribute
Register

Pascal GPU with MacOS Sierra

DDR3 1600 or overclock it to 2400?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to hoping that drivers for the 10*0 series GPUs comes soon.

I think it more likely that the developers are working on what is coming next rather than what has gone before.

I think it more likely that the developers are working on what is coming next rather than what has gone before.
So are you saying that 10*0 series GPUs will never be supported?? I'm not sure I understand why that would be...

So are you saying that 10*0 series GPUs will never be supported?? I'm not sure I understand why that would be...

The web drivers are for Macs and there are no Macs with Pascal graphics - Why would Nvidia waste time and resources on them ?
There has been some discussion of the subject here.

The web drivers are for Macs and there are no Macs with Pascal graphics - Why would Nvidia waste time and resources on them ?
True- I'm guessing AMD will get driver updates now that they have their GPUs in Macs. Other than disabling the GPU and using the iGPU, or simply switching to an older/ different Graphics card, are you aware of any workaround for this? (I'm guessing there isn't, since otherwise there wouldn't be a need for the web drivers in the first place.

Thanks.

are you aware of any workaround for this? (I'm guessing there isn't, since otherwise there wouldn't be a need for the web drivers in the first place.

This discussion already exists in this thread, it would be pointless to reinvent the wheel here.

Seems that Nvidia didn't waste time and resources... They're releasing a beta Pascal driver for mac(hack)intosh later this month: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2017/04/06/titan-xp/

This is great news, it must have been a big challenge for it to take almost a year, especially for Nvidia, they usually have the software hammered out quickly. Good luck on the build!

It seemed to all of us that Nvidia was not going to make these drivers and this site really only caters to documented supportable systems before they recommend anything. Many here at tonymac are celebrating this good news and welcome the change, earlier warnings were giving so that people don't waste time and money on unsupported products, they weren't personal attacks by any means. In fact, we all wanted these drivers to come out so we can have the best hacks possible.

This is great news, it must have been a big challenge for it to take almost a year, especially for Nvidia, they usually have the software hammered out quickly. Good luck on the build!

It seemed to all of us that Nvidia was not going to make these drivers and this site really only caters to documented supportable systems before they recommend anything. Many here at tonymac are celebrating this good news and welcome the change, earlier warnings were giving so that people don't waste time and money on unsupported products, they weren't personal attacks by any means. In fact, we all wanted these drivers to come out so we can have the best hacks possible.

Agreed brother. My gtx 1080 is working like a champ. But seems that the drivers need some fine tuning as performance is 20-30 percent slower than in Windows....

Agreed brother. My gtx 1080 is working like a champ. But seems that the drivers need some fine tuning as performance is 20-30 percent slower than in Windows....

I have noticed that the 10XX cards don't have 30bit ARBG210101010 color only the older 32 bit ARBG8888 color. Not a big deal for gaming but for rendering it is the future format. I wonder if they didn't use the Maxwell 9xx series drivers modified to work the 10XX series cards, 20-30% would put them in the 900 series performance level. Hopefully they get performance up to par with windows drivers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back