Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi
Thanks for your great efforts. I am facing a weird problem for partitioning my HDD. I had purchased a probook 4740s and hackintoshed it dual boot with Windows. Everything was working perfect. Unfortunately after 2 days HDD got corrupted and I got new one by claiming warranty.

The problem is after replacing HDD, I can't make partitions on it with Unibeast. There is no "Partition" tab in Disk Utility any more.

Here is a screenshot.
IMG_20140206_072725.jpg

But when I try to make partitions with Windows DVD, it does perfectly. I tried making partitions with Windows and then try to format one of them with Unibeast, but no luck. All the partitions are disabled.

IMG_20140206_074019.jpg

I tried to "Erase" the lonely partition and completed installation with HP Probook Installer. After booting from HDD I opened "Disk Utility". And now the "Partition" is there. But clicking on tab doesn't do anything.

IMG_20140206_072957.jpg

This is my HDD specs

IMG_20140206_085854.jpg

Can anyone please suggest me some solution? I have also set BIOS settings as recommended in HP Probook Sticky Guide by RehabMan. I am afraid that I have to again replace HDD :(

Update:
I have tried unibeast USB on another HP Probook 4540s Core i5, and found this problem again. Is there any possibility that unibeast USB is corrupted?

Hi
Thanks for your great efforts. I am facing a weird problem for partitioning my HDD. I had purchased a probook 4740s and hackintoshed it dual boot with Windows. Everything was working perfect. Unfortunately after 2 days HDD got corrupted and I got new one by claiming warranty.

The problem is after replacing HDD, I can't make partitions on it with Unibeast. There is no "Partition" tab in Disk Utility any more.

Here is a screenshot.
View attachment 82494

But when I try to make partitions with Windows DVD, it does perfectly. I tried making partitions with Windows and then try to format one of them with Unibeast, but no luck. All the partitions are disabled.

View attachment 82495

I tried to "Erase" the lonely partition and completed installation with HP Probook Installer. After booting from HDD I opened "Disk Utility". And now the "Partition" is there. But clicking on tab doesn't do anything.

View attachment 82496

This is my HDD specs

View attachment 82497

Can anyone please suggest me some solution? I have also set BIOS settings as recommended in HP Probook Sticky Guide by RehabMan. I am afraid that I have to again replace HDD :(

Update:
I have tried unibeast USB on another HP Probook 4540s Core i5, and found this problem again. Is there any possibility that unibeast USB is corrupted?

I think something is wrong with your USB, or you need to repair the disk first.

Thanks RehabMan :clap:, its working after I re-created Unibeast USB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back