Motherboard
Acer E5-571G
CPU
Intel Core i5-5200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500 + Nvidia GeForce 840M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, I'm trying to install MAC OS X El Capitan on my PC.
I have one HDD (500GB) without partitions on it. EFI only. I need to create one partition JHFS+ 220GB. And other space keep as free (without partitions). I can't do it in El Capitan Disk Utility, how can i perform it using terminal?
image.jpeg

When you boot from the USB and get into El Capitan installer you will need to select Utilities at the top of the screen and then select Disk Utility.

When you boot from the USB and get into El Capitan installer you will need to select Utilities at the top of the screen and then select Disk Utility.
I know this. But in El Capitan Disk Utility you can't keep unallocated space.

this is what i did when i was installing El Capitan and Win10 on my 256G SSD. I first installed El Capitan, during installation in Disk Utility i created a 128G HFS+ partition and then another 128G partition eFAT or something of that nature. Once El Capitan installation was complete i boot from Win10 USB and when i got to the screen where you get to select where to install Win10, i deleted the eFAT partition and let Win10 create whatever it wanted to create. Now this was done on an older Laptop so i was using Legacy mode install, it might be a slightly different process if you are doing UEFI.

this is what i did when i was installing El Capitan partitionif you are doing UEFI.
Yes, UEFI. I created two partitions in JHFS+, installed OS X, after it in Windows installation delete second JHFS+, installed Windows. But after it I can't acces clover from HDD (installed it before Windows installation) (USB only). And Windows boots by default.

boot with OSX installer again and re-installer Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back