RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have nearly the same system as tonymacx86s - just the graphics card is a 9800 GT.
I used the DSDT.aml method with the kext for audio and Realtek network.

I tried every thing I could imagine:
Doing all like tonymacx86s video - no success.
Standard "advanced" settings in Bios - no success.
Playing around with other bios settings - no success.

Symptoms (stable an reproduceable):
1) Activating sleep manually via apple menu results in short sleep (1s) and a nearly immediate wake up.
2) Activating sleep automatically (time) results in a sleeping display and a still fully running computer.

I restarted at least a 100 times :rolleyes:

Could it be that the revision 1.1 of the board makes the difference?

(and by the way: Ethernet resets to 100mbit during every boot process, regardless what I do in network settings)

Any ideas?

Update: Has nothing to do with kexts etc. but with peripheral USB devices and eSATA

Re: Is the a P55m-UD2-V1.1 with sleep working? Or is it me?

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1424

Have you followed all of these? Usually System Preferences/Energy Saver is the culprit- must have the box Restart Automatically After a Power Failure checked. :mrgreen:

PS: Nice rig. ;)

kiu77 said:
I have nearly the same system as tonymacx86s - just the graphics card is a 9800 GT.
I used the DSDT.aml method with the kext for audio and Realtek network.

I tried every thing I could imagine:
Doing all like tonymacx86s video - no success.
Standard "advanced" settings in Bios - no success.
Playing around with other bios settings - no success.

Symptoms (stable an reproduceable):
1) Activating sleep manually via apple menu results in short sleep (1s) an nearly immediate wake up.
2) Activating sleep automatically (time) results in a sleeping display and a stioll running computer.

I restarted at least a 100 times :rolleyes:

Could it be that the revision 1.1 aof the board makes the difference?

(and by the way: Ethernet is reset to 100mbit during every boot process, regardles what I do in network settings)

Any ideas?
I think the issue is your LG DVD GH22NS50 which is not allowing sleep. This is a known issues with LG and Samsung drives.

MacMan said:
I think the issue is your LG DVD GH22NS50 which is not allowing sleep. This is a known issues with LG and Samsung drives.

This was the last thing I've tested today:
I disconnected the drive, restart and unfortunately the same behaviour :?

tonymacx86 said:
Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips
Yes, I've read this more than once ;-)

tonymacx86 said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1424
Okay, I've even read this thread complete now but don't know what I could have learned from this, because my system is ultra stable (works without higher CPU voltage stable @3.5GHz - the max I tested).

tonymacx86 said:
Usually System Preferences/Energy Saver is the culprit- must have the box Restart Automatically After a Power Failure checked. :mrgreen:

All 3 boxes are checked. I even tried out every combination of ckhecks (2^3).

I wonder if any v. 1.1 board is working with sleep (and keeping the 1GB network on) :?:

Re: Is sleep with P55m-UD2-V1.1 working? Or is it me?

I've read that overclocking can mess up sleep, have you tried it with no overclock?
(Although, not sure what specific issue related to overclock is the problem...perhaps only an issue where people edited DSDT SS-related stuff...?)

Also, check out the kernel log, to see if it gives any clues about "wakeup event", especially in cases where it appears to sleep but then wakes up after a few seconds.

Thank you, humph,
yes I've tried with standard speeds and standard settings in BIOS.

Meanwhile I did a clean install again.
Now the NIC doesn't forget its configuration. The reason for this bug was me, because I migrated the network configuration from my old macx86 (empire EFI).

But sleep is not better with the clean install: Manually via apple menu the machine shuts down instead of falling asleep. Timed sleep lets the display sleep but not the hardware of the PC.

kiu77 said:
But sleep is not better with the clean install: Manually via apple menu the machine shuts down instead of falling asleep.
This can be due to not having all three options selected in EnergySaver (esp the last one about "Start Up Automatically...Power Failure"). But I guess you already checked that.

kiu77 said:
Timed sleep lets the display sleep but not the hardware of the PC.
Same here. Gave up trying to root cause it as not really important for me, and just use PleaseSleep app when I do need to have timed-sleep.

Thank you for your comment.
Shure I have all 3 options checked.

For you have the same board:
Do you have the same .kext files?

Because I wonder where the difference is
(you are able to sleep manually at least)
attached my selections in Multibeast:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-07-04 um 01.28.47.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-07-04 um 01.28.47.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 287

Hi kiu77,

Well firstly, I boot 32bit mode, not 64.

Also, am using a homebrew DSDT rather than the one from this site.
But DSDT ought not to be your problem since so many others use Tony's successfully.
EDIT. I also disable serial port in BIOS, and processor stuff is set to Enabled, not Auto.

I dont use JMicron36SATA, I do use ATA.

Actually, I see you have both SATA and eSATA selected. This I think is not correct, use one or the other. But would be strange if that was the problem.

I also have the block storage kext.

Another thing that can affect sleep is video card. Again, lots of people use same as you. But it might be interesting to try use a kext like ATIinit or NVEnabler, rather than what I guess you use now (GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the com.apple.Boot.plist?) just to see if any difference. Long shot as I guess your card is all working OK already.

Never tried this, but I wonder if you monitored the console logs (Console.app) when selecting manual sleep, if any messages pop up that might give a hint to where the problem is.

P.S. Also use a homebrew LegacyHDA. And RealtekR1000SL in embedded inside IONetworkingFamily in /Extra. But cant imagine either of those makes a difference.
EDIT: So, somewhere along the way from 10.6.0 to 10.6.4, seems like the stock apple kext supports the LAN chip in the UD2. So, no need to add R1000SL kext. Just removed it, all seems to still work.

P.P.S. Seems I also have OSXRestartv1.5.kext. Not sure why that's still there, had it when messing with some other version of Chameleon! I'll take it out tomorrow and retest. EDIT: Deleted, still works OK; I guess whatever version of Chameleon I've currently got installed has the "restart fix" included!

P.P.P.S. Also I have a kext for GPU power management, but I dint think it made any difference to sleep. But as different GPU to yours, not really relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back