Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [FIXED?!] M1 Macs are still buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can say for sure - not even Internet pundits.

Your personal choice whether to buy one.

However, look at that table again. SSD life-span is usually specified as data written. Even when no longer writable the data is readable.

In the above example the user ran for 191 hours, power-cycling 256 times (sorry, don't get that and 256 is too much like a byte quantity). During this time they wrote 15.7 Terrabytes of data. Not MB, not GB, but TB. (What?!) That apparently used up 1% life. Okay, if true that equals 1500TB write life-expectancy.

Official figures suggest the TBW (terrabytes written) life of a 256GB SSD is between 60 and 150 TB depending on who you listen to. I believe Samsung claim the higher figure for their top models.

So what is so wrong with the figure the complaining poster is suggesting? It seems 10x the usual expected life span. Sounds fine to me.

But again it is a choice thing. People do not think twice about a $1000 phone and changing it every few years.

:)
I’m sure it will get sorted, Apple is extremely focused on M1 support. All the beta updates for Big Sur are focused on the M1.

I’m sure it will get sorted, Apple is extremely focused on M1 support. All the beta updates for Big Sur are focused on the M1.

Agreed. It's their future. There are still hardware bugs for sure and my guess is a firmware update is the way to go to fix them.

Alright, so lets see how long it takes until all software I like to use will be available as native apple silicon version.
I think then the hardware bugs should be resolved. Really excited to see how long this take.
yeah !

Thanks for the reply. Looks like it is still broken with 32:9 Ultrawide Screens
Running a Macbook pro basic M1 with Lg 37 inch ultrawide, no problems full resolution 3840*1600

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 12.49.04.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 12.49.04.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 72
Running a Macbook pro basic M1 with Lg 37 inch ultrawide, no problems full resolution 3840*1600
Strange that some people have errors while it is working for others

LG ultrawide 37 inch and Macbook Pro M1. Runs smooth and no problems at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 12.35.46.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 12.35.46.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 78
LG ultrawide 37 inch and Macbook Pro M1. Runs smooth and no problems at all.
those low resolution ultrawides were working at any time, 5120x1440 was a problem for some, but as I posted earlier they work meanwhile either. Current only concerns seam to be still Bluetooth, random reboots, pink squares and fast dying SSD maybe

Enough resolution for me. Used this same monitor for my Hackintosh. Before that the Apple Cinema vision 30 inch for years. Mostly for photo editing, big panoramas etc.

Still no bluetooth problem and no pink squares and no restarts. Will let you know if I start to get some problems. Have only been using the M1 for a short time yet.

BTW I haver been using different computers for a long time , from the Apple //e , most of the macs Macintosh 128 , Mac plus , then in between quite a few Pc from the 8086 up to the 8700k.

I have almost never had any serious problems with my computers during these years. Might be just a luck. The only thing I do regularly is the clean it with compressed air ( 2 times a year ). And for the Intel , hackintosh clean and then put a new thermal paste on the processor every few years or so, same with the graphic card.

Have often read about all kinds of problems people are having and worried about getting the same , but almost never happened. I think we tend to see more posts of problems then no problems here online. Same for Cars and everything you buy and then start reading about online.

Anyway these computers are getting seriously good , the Hackintosh is also good with much more expansion ability , so I probably keep both :).

Will let you know if I start to get some problems.
knock on wood that you lick keeps going ! <3
I have almost never had any serious problems with my computers during these years.
I wish I could say that either, any mac I bought got broken or was broken. My first Mac (decades earlier an Apple II, but that was another era) was a full-blown G5 ($$$$$$$), just to run Logic, and it was a disaster. Apple repaired it 3 times, and then I got a new with even more errors.
Code:
G5 (3 tiems repaired, after that new one)
iBook (died after 1 year)
Powerbook (?) 3 times repaired, after that replaced with a new MBP Unibody
The Unibody (2008) was faulty either, superdrive got replaced, then logic board.
And now the speakers are broken (this was the last Mac I bought)
After That iPad (battery is now broken, but that is kind of expectable)

Funny is that my Hackintosh (were,  currently using more Windows since the software I use works better) (is) more reliable than any Apple Computer I have ever bought

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back