Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [FIXED?!] M1 Macs are still buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't have great options
I am running the latest big sur with my hackintosh and my Samsung 49" Screen @ 5120x1440.
Even scaling it down woks properly meanwhile.

I would love to get a M1 but until I am not 100% sure anything work I dont want to go into theses troubles.

Forgive me - I should have clarified what I meant when I said "5k".

When I say "5k", I mean the "5k" that is meant in the macOS world.

i.e. 27" 5120x2880 for perfect 2x scaling or 6k @ 32" and/or 4k @ 24"

I'm in it for the butter smooth perfect 2x scaling of text while still maintaining appropriate UI scaling/physical sizing.

Seen my signature ? I wonder how it would feel to use a M1 instead :)
Next Quest is to find an alternative for my Audio Interface, RME Multiface II PCIe

That said - you are having issues connecting DVD drives and USB drives to an M1?

No, no issues, but there's nothing quite so fast and efficient as a 5.25" DVD Writer - or BluRay drive - for working with optical disks. And of course Hacks have that one bonus Apple's machines do not - easy repairability and upgradability.

:)

No, no issues, but there's nothing quite so fast and efficient as a 5.25" DVD Writer - or BluRay drive - for working with optical disks.

:)

Very true.. No dispute there.

I think this one just doesn't resonate either way with me as I've barely even touched - like physically even made contact with - an optical disk in the last 6 years. For my usages, it's basically in the same bin as the VCR, Tape Deck, 8-Track, etc at this point.

(I fully recognize we are all different on that front for sure)

Very true.. No dispute there.

I think this one just doesn't resonate either way with me as I've barely even touched - like physically even made contact with - an optical disk in the last 6 years. For my usages, it's basically in the same bin as the VCR, Tape Deck, 8-Track, etc at this point.

(I fully recognize we are all different on that front for sure)

No problem here :thumbup:

As I don't have a very hi-res monitor the only issue I can really complain about with the M1 machines is the current lack of VM hosts. The only method for running Windows apps that works at all is Crossover 20. In a way a possible bonus as we don't have to get our hands dirty with full Windows :D

No problem here :thumbup:

As I don't have a very hi-res monitor the only issue I can really complain about with the M1 machines is the current lack of VM hosts. The only method for running Windows apps that works at all is Crossover 20. In a way a possible bonus as we don't have to get our hands dirty with full Windows :D

Do you mean Intel Windows?

I only say that as I'm using the Parallels preview to run ARM Windows 10 very successfully, but admittedly I have very limited Windows needs.

Do you mean Intel Windows?

I only say that as I'm using the Parallels preview to run ARM Windows 10 very successfully, but admittedly I have very limited Windows needs.
Yes. ARM Windows is cheating :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back