Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [FIXED?!] M1 Macs are still buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with a M1 can confirm that theses isses has been fixed meanwhile ?

11.2 has provided a fix for BT issues. Read the documentation. I don't own one myself.

No Bluetooth issues at all here on a Mac Mini M1.

Using a mouse or keyboard that has previously been paired with another device is usually what causes connectivity problems. I had to use a wireless mouse and dongle to get the pointer moving. Then Bluetooth settings picked up my Magic Mouse and asked if I wanted to pair. All good since.

As for display problems I only run a 24" HD monitor but occasionally see a few small block artefacts on screen after boot that clear when a mouse pointer runs over them. I suspect his is a VRAM memory allocation bug rather than a fault as the blocks do not persist or cause any problems. Will probably be fixed with a firmware update at some point.

:)

Thanks for the reply. Looks like it is still broken with 32:9 Ultrawide Screens

I had a couple M1 Mac mini's early on and returned them both due to issues..

Came across a screaming local deal for a base model to jump back in ($560) and bluetooth has been flawless now for a few days on 11.2 and now 11.2.1 (not the case with my first two Mini's - so maybe it was software?)

The monitor situation I can't comment on, as I punted and have ordered a refurb LG 5k... I tried so many angles to get 5k with my Hack setup and just didn't have great options and I'm tired of not having that great retina goodness.

I'm going to start parting out my Hack I decided yesterday.

I had a couple M1 Mac mini's early on and returned them both due to issues..

Came across a screaming local deal for a base model to jump back in ($560) and bluetooth has been flawless now for a few days on 11.2 and now 11.2.1 (not the case with my first two Mini's - so maybe it was software?)

The monitor situation I can't comment on, as I punted and have ordered a refurb LG 5k... I tried so many angles to get 5k with my Hack setup and just didn't have great options and I'm tired of not having that great retina goodness.

I'm going to start parting out my Hack I decided yesterday.

Glad you got a super bargain on another M1 Mini. I think the performance is hard to beat. However I still love my Hackintosh for it's great expandability and connectivity. I can connect eSATA drives, USB drives, audio mixers, real DVD drives, more memory than you can shake a stick at and run VMs, something yet to materialise on M1.

Maybe I've been relatively lucky with the bugs.

Glad you got a super bargain on another M1 Mini. I think the performance is hard to beat. However I still love my Hackintosh for it's great expandability and connectivity. I can connect eSATA drives, USB drives, audio mixers, real DVD drives, more memory than you can shake a stick at and run VMs, something yet to materialise on M1.

Maybe I've been relatively lucky with the bugs.

No doubt about expandability and options on Hacks..

That said - you are having issues connecting DVD drives and USB drives to an M1?

(that all works as I would expect for me so far)

Obviously niche/special use cases may be waiting a while on ASi Macs (if not "forever"), but I have to say, I was pretty skeptical and have been blown away with how great these new machines are for vast swaths of the population - right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back