Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z970
CPU
Graphics
RX580
Hello there,
this is my first post, so I hope I can give enough details about what's going on.

I'm experiencing two problems which I suspect are related:
1. Partial Power Management
My computer goes to sleep just fine, and Wake up as requested.
I get plenty of P-States, all the way down to 1ghz. Until it goes to sleep and wake. Then, I just get it stuck between 3 and 3.8ghz.
2. Occasional Reboot
System reboots usually about ten seconds after wake. It does not happen every time it wakes, just about once a day. Panic logs show random possible causes "panic (cpu 0, cpu 1 or cpu 6?)". Kernel extensions in backtrace and BSD processes corresponding to thread are random, as can be seen in attached panic log files.

Hardware:
Intel i7 4790
Motherboard GA-B85M-DS3H
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2 GB
3X Kingston DDR3 8GB Memory
1X Kingston DDR3 4GB Memory
WD Green 240GB SSD
Seagate BarraCuda ST31000524AS 1TB
Wifi + Bluetooth BCM943602CS Combo Card (Justop)

My System:
High Sierra 10.13.3
SMBIOS iMac 15,1

I just use kexts through clover. No System kext have been modified. Attached is my config.plist
Kexts injected:
AppleALC.kext, AppleHDA.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakeSMC, Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, USBInjectAll.kext.

The only ssdt I use is to activate the correct USB ports through USBInjectAll.

I have tried both Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh or Toledo's ssdt_xcpm.aml, and they both give me the same result I'm getting with just setting PluginType=Yes in clover.

KernelPm seems to be a must for me, otherwise I'm stuck with cpu high frequency right from boot.

Another thing that may be related to this power management problem is that I get a CrashReport (on Console) for both com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 and IO80211Family every time the computer wakes. As a result, both WIFI and Bluetooth take a few seconds to restart after wake. Is that normal? Attached is also the latest log on that issue in a zip file.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything important. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Kernel_2018-02-17-212543_iMac.panic.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Kernel_2018-02-18-052358_iMac.panic.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Kernel_2018-02-19-224027_iMac.panic.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 108
  • config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IORegistryExplorer.ioreg
    20.1 MB · Views: 68
  • [2018-02-19_22,39,58.329685]=reinit@9=.zip
    996.4 KB · Views: 28
3X Kingston DDR3 8GB Memory
1X Kingston DDR3 4GB Memory
For best performance memory DIMMs should be installed in matched pairs.

Would it be worth to take 8GB + 4GB out or it shouldn't cause any issue?
you would need to :
a. Remove 1 x 8GB and 1 x 4GB
b. Remove 1 x 4GB and add 1 x 8GB
c. Remove 1 x 8GB and add 1 x 4GB

Thank you. I took option a. for now... I did find a few items concerning memory as "alerts" in log files (such as "memory high watermark"), and in the last panic I noticed in Intel power gadget that DRAM Power Consumption went all the way up just before the crash. So the restarts might be as well memory related.

The CPU frequency keeps all the way up after waking for sleep. Attached is an image of how it seems right before and right after Sleep/Wake.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back